Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hydro coco poundland nutrients.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by THCHERO View Post
    Thanks for this. I read the back of the bottle has organic micro nutrients as well. I have read some of the links, looks like a lot of people are having great results with this stuff. I have been using it for a month now and it is working for me, nothing seems to be dieing and my plants are healthier than ever.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    The plants won't die, per se, the micro-herd does. But once the medium becomes inert, you'll have to alter the pH otherwise you can lock out certain nutes.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (02-02-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    The plants won't die, per se, the micro-herd does. But once the medium becomes inert, you'll have to alter the pH otherwise you can lock out certain nutes.
    Yes. I always PH to 6.5 after adding nutes to water. I always check the run off as well.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Yes. I always PH to 6.5 after adding nutes to water. I always check the run off as well.

What about EC readings?

That's why I prefer organic growing. No pH or EC to worry about. No flushing to do either.

Thanks

I haven't looked at EC readings. I don't want to over complicate things if the grow is going well. If it's not broken, don't fix it n all.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THCHERO For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (02-02-18), Valentina (28-11-18)

The Aspie Toker Guest

EC is a huge part of inert growing. As important as pH in that respect.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

JB (08-08-16), Samwise Gamgee (31-07-16), THCHERO (31-07-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,708 Times

I haven't looked at EC readings. I don't want to over complicate things if the grow is going well. If it's not broken, don't fix it n all.

no offence but by not learning the basics of organic vs none organic and the pro and cons of various media and the implications of them then you're eventually going to come unstuck.

Doing a bit of basic learning is not over complicating anything.

If you're growing none organically in coco you absolutely need to be taking note of your ph and ec.

If you want to do a simple, none complicated grow use real organic soil, organic nutrients and be done with it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,782 Times

I used to grow in soil with non organic nutes. The only measurements I did was when I measured the nutes for the water...

Sent during work time
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (02-02-18), shorelineog (14-08-16), THCHERO (08-08-16), Valentina (28-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Once the micro-herd is dead, you're left with an inert medium - just like coir, but a heavier version that doesn't drain as well as coir. Plus, you'll have to start looking into altering pH values, something you don't have to do with organic growing.
    Very well explained, thanks man

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shorelineog For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2