Thread: White and red spiders in soil

Thanks

Question White and red spiders in soil

Hi,I saw some white and red spiders in soil,and I was like WTF,they are visible with naked eye,any ideas??

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Weeds For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (01-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Not having much luck are ya Jerry?

If you can see them then it sounds like soil mites.
    They are harmless dear so no need to worry

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (01-08-16)

Thanks

Trying to identify spider mites without a magnifying glass can be difficult. These common garden pests grow to about 1/20 inch long with a white, green, red or yellow body. They generally appear as tiny dots moving across stems, foliage, buds and blooms. Many times, you can find the spider mites clustered together on the bottom side of foliage. A telltale sign of a spider mites infestation is white webbing that covers the plant and the soil around it.
    No matter where you go , there you are .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Not having much luck are ya Jerry?

If you can see them then it sounds like soil mites.
    They are harmless dear so no need to worry
    Yeah last weeks of flowering and im running 30w CFL instead of 1kw hps lolol..Maybe ill fix them tho I tried new stuff and failed,my fault,now ill try to recover as best,ty for help,its cool thei are harmless

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Weeds For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (01-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dickiefickle View Post
    Trying to identify spider mites without a magnifying glass can be difficult. These common garden pests grow to about 1/20 inch long with a white, green, red or yellow body. They generally appear as tiny dots moving across stems, foliage, buds and blooms. Many times, you can find the spider mites clustered together on the bottom side of foliage. A telltale sign of a spider mites infestation is white webbing that covers the plant and the soil around it.
    I can see with naked eye and they are not so small so i guess its not spider mites,and no of them on stem or leaves,just in soil.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Weeds For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (01-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Weeds View Post
    I can see with naked eye and they are not so small so i guess its not spider mites,and no of them on stem or leaves,just in soil.
    Check em out online mate, there are lots of web sites (I just looked), about spiders and mites and better safe than sorry.