Thread: Plants too tall, grow SIDEWAYS?!

Thanks

Default Plants too tall, grow SIDEWAYS?!

Sovive got several girls at a buddy's house. I've read in a grow book that potted plants can be laid down on their side, "crimping" the branches, burying the stem every foot or so (staking it down) and laying a SOG type screen or even chicken wire over the plant. Supposedly branches will turn towards the sun , growing along the ground like a watermelon plant.
    ANYBODY have any experience with this method? Scared to take a big risk...

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Can you put down where we could read about this like you did ? Without a picture it didn't happen .
    No matter where you go , there you are .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

The plant will always grow up towards the sun or light your using, but you can use LST ( low strength training) to keep it lower to the ground.

Here's what I do, I drill holes all the way around the top of the pot and then I wrap pipe cleaner round these holes and pull the plant down towards the side of the pot.

I don't know how your method is achieved but in principle I'm sure pipe cleaners will be fine for you, there's no need to bury the stalk imo.

Sent from my bed, good morning!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

420OUTDOOR (30-05-17)

Thanks

if your carefully bend the arms out as they grow you will end up with lots of heads its not necessarily better besides the fact that stress increases thc levels