Thread: Yellowing leaves

Thanks

Default Yellowing leaves

Hi i have been growing a few plants from some seeds in some bud we got. After much reading on these boards, they have been under a 250w cfl lamp for 20 days and they seem to be doing well.

Only about 7 days ago some plants lower leaves have started to go yellow and die off, at first i guessed this was normal but it seems to be slowing moving up the plant, but just the tips not the whole leaf.

I repotted the plants about 4 days ago becuase they were getting big for the pots they were in and to also try to fix the leaf issue.

They have been fed on a Cirtus Formula; 25-15-15 with Boron, Copper, Iron, Manganese and zink, i have also added a small amount of milk (read somewhere on here) to help add some calcuim to the mix.

Is the leaf issue just normal or is it to do with the feeding? If its the feeding what is the best way to solve it? Flush the pots through several times with water?

Thanks for any ideas

Thanks

how much fertilizer have you given them?
    what kind of soil are they in?
    how often are you watering/feeding them?

looks like a slight case of Magnesium (Mg) deficiency, what you stated about the citrus fertilizer it doesnt have any Magnesium, so you could try giving them a wee dose of Epsom salts at the rate of 1 tablespoon per 10 litres and see how they respond to that ok
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

Thanks

Hi, I have given half of the recommended amount on the box (1/4 teaspoon to 2ltr rain water) and was going to start working it up to the full amount (half teaspoon to 2ltr rain water) ive been feeding them every 5 days, then just rain water if needed between this time.

Soil is just regular all purpose compost with john innes apparantly, cant see any npk marking on it...

Adding the Epsom salts, will i see the already yellowing leaves return to normal or are they already sone for?

Thanks

Thanks

the affected leaves may regain a bit of colour but the necrotic dead leaf tissue spots wont
    dont remove these leaves until they are completely dead, this allows the plant to use the stored nutrients with in the leaf ok

Thanks

cool ill take a look at the chemist 2morro, thanks

Thanks

£2.30 for 500g mate - enough to last aaaaaaaaaaaaages!! P.M. me and I'll tell you the name of the chemist matey.

Thanks

picked some up so hopefully they should pick up soon.
    One plant doesnt look so good tho where as all showed a slight yellowing of the leaves, this one looks (from what i have read here) like nute burn? Its showing on all leaves now...

Can anyone confirm this is the case? Whats the best way to try and fix it?

Thanks

Thanks

yes nute burn

flush the pots with plain (6.5 pH balanced if poss) water at 3 x the pot volume
    ie:5 litre pot = 15 litres of water