Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: electric bill suspension.

Thanks

Default electric bill suspension.

I know this subject has been discussed but most post are years old.

I'm not paranoid about having 2 600 hps.
    BUT what does make me laugh is when the small percentage state with no prof that the electric company is watching usage.

I will agree that running 20 1k lights will cause an issue because the load is so much there cold be issues with service.

One point I would like to state about usage and having lights running exactly the same tines day after day and having a "red flag" thrown up for the electric company....

Am I the only person on all the sites and posts who have aquariums?

For years the standard for larger tanks was hid lights. A 90 gallon can use 2-3 250 watt mh. For 10 or 12 hours a day.
    I have larger then that. I used 10 t5 multi spectrum lights. Running about 600 watts for 10 hours a day for years. And in the winter. My 1000 watt heater ran a lot. And that's not including pumps powerheads shimmers r/o water buster pump.
    I recently switch to led lights. 2 of them. About $1100 for them. And they work great. No heat an little power usage.

Point is, when I read the random poster stating they are watching you for usage...I find that very hard to believe.

One time I had 8 tanks running. And in the summer the pool pump was running for about 12 hours a day. This was over 10 years. Not once did someone question why my usage went up. Oh. And one year I spent much of the summer welding as well. With a 110 volt welder...huge draw and no police.

Sorry for an old subject. But when I search I get so many old post and I just wanted to state my experience.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bobbafett71 For This Useful Post:

JB (07-08-16), kbag (06-08-16), M_C (06-08-16), The budda (06-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,620 Times

I remember a couple years back a Bitcoin miner in the UK was raided they thought for sure he was growing cannabis but he was just using electricity to run miners.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (06-08-16)

Down in South Dorset where the cow shit lies thick, walkin along wiv my hand on my dick...
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,640 Times

could you just imagine a human being going through every electricity bill in the country? It is all computerised... When there is a problem paying the bill, a real person will get involved

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

The more the merrier as far as the electric companys are concerned as long as you pay for it.
    Are they going to kick off every old ladys door that has a few 1kw electric heaters going in winter..
    And every old electric oven thats used sucks that electric like an alcoholic and a straw.
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy roken For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (07-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,573 Times

I refer to my aquariums when I see posts like that but I suppose you can never say never on our line of hobby? Like these smart meters they're bringing in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _teapot_ View Post
    I refer to my aquariums when I see posts like that but I suppose you can never say never on our line of hobby? Like these smart meters they're bringing in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No kidding, some places they're using those meters to shut off appliances during peak demand time. That's the real threat, interrupt your grow when they want.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

_teapot_ (07-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,573 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    No kidding, some places they're using those meters to shut off appliances during peak demand time. That's the real threat, interrupt your grow when they want.
    Big brother is watching!🙈

Thanks

I complained to my power company about how fast they raise my budget amount when use is higher than expected. They always raise it twice as fast as they lower it.

Any way I was mining crypto at the time. Stupid women didn't even understand my complaint. Just t told me to check my water heater since that can cause my bill to jump. So at least in my areas they're too stupid to know what your up to.

Thanks

don't steal your electricity and pay your bill on time and you shouldn't have any problems. my smart meter tells me I'm using £8 per day and I'm not bothered in the slightest as some large houses can use that much.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the brit For This Useful Post:

marque08 (31-08-16), Woolie (28-07-19)

Thanks

They cant see when your pulling lots of amps unkess you have the new digital meters. They are connected via radio signal back to a beaken,therefore see when and how much.

As already mentioned, pay your bill and relax. those who are of interest are not paying and they know this therefore joe blogs with his own 8 plant personal isnt a concern and rightly so.
    All the best, Gander

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gander For This Useful Post:

M_C (31-08-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast