Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pot size for my green house

Thanks

Default pot size for my green house

I have a mini green house on the way, and I have few plants, they are auto flowers, the seedlings are in small pots at the moment, my biggest seedlings are in 5 ltr-6ltr pots for the rest of there cycle will this size be sufficient? And can I use the same size for them all? As I'm growing outdoors they will get rather bigger than indoor typically, and I don't want the pots to end up being to small and giving a shit yield, is it possible to put two seedlings in 30 ltr pot all there life ?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

30L is too large for autos.

5/6L pots are fine, I prefer 10L when growing indoors but can happily use 5L and notice little difference in yield (the smaller pots require watering & feeding more often though)
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (10-08-16), cleantastybudling (10-08-16), Dutchcourage (10-08-16), ERBURT (10-08-16)

Thanks

Thanks m.c, appreciate it mate!, so a 30 ltr pot could not grow two autos in it at the same time?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by cleantastybudling View Post
    Thanks m.c, appreciate it mate!, so a 30 ltr pot could not grow two autos in it at the same time?
    Use 2 x 10 litre pots mate, its not good practice to have 2 plants in one pot...They will compete with each other for space and light which could make them stretch and be less productive, also they are easy to isolate or remove if you have issues with one of them..

Regards BL

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

cleantastybudling (10-08-16), Dutchcourage (10-08-16), Mart_Aitch (12-08-16), M_C (10-08-16)

Thanks

I am not going to argue with the advice given by the chaps above. I would be foolish to do so as they know their mustard from their onions a lot more than me and they are correct, but are you UK? Starting autos outdoor now?

I was going to give autos a go this year due to me losing sun outdoors due to massive trees but have gone photo again.

All I do know is that autos need to go into their pot (a pot each as BL says, never do two the same...why cause yourself problems) from seed that they will live in forever, a 15l is not out of the question...depends what you want. Topping is the only option (Super cropping/LST etc not possible) due to the time recovery time - I see you are in smaller pots and will have to re-pot, they don't like it but it's not the end of the world is it eh? ..they will still grow but might want to sooner than later? Nice weather coming SE of UK...not sure where you are

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mart_Aitch For This Useful Post:

cleantastybudling (11-08-16)

Thanks

Thanks buddy absolutely I'm u.k bro!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cleantastybudling For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (11-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mart_Aitch View Post
    I am not going to argue with the advice given by the chaps above. I would be foolish to do so as they know their mustard from their onions a lot more than me and they are correct, but are you UK? Starting autos outdoor now?

I was going to give autos a go this year due to me losing sun outdoors due to massive trees but have gone photo again.

All I do know is that autos need to go into their pot (a pot each as BL says, never do two the same...why cause yourself problems) from seed that they will live in forever, a 15l is not out of the question...depends what you want. Topping is the only option (Super cropping/LST etc not possible) due to the time recovery time - I see you are in smaller pots and will have to re-pot, they don't like it but it's not the end of the world is it eh? ..they will still grow but might want to sooner than later? Nice weather coming SE of UK...not sure where you are
    no harm in doing LST on autos mate. i LST and topped my current ones

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (12-08-16), Mart_Aitch (12-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    no harm in doing LST on autos mate. i LST and topped my current ones
    I stand corrected then, didn't think recovery time plus re-bending would allow with autos..certainly the advice I was given but I've never tried it so fair play

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mart_Aitch For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (12-08-16), joker_the_smoker (13-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cleantastybudling View Post
    Thanks buddy absolutely I'm u.k bro!
    South? Only reason I ask we have a North/South split weather wise at the mo, which could continue..

Thanks

I'm west Yorkshire bro canna few of you look at my new post regarding my plant

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast