Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My vaping Journey - Samwise does vapping :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Default My vaping Journey - Samwise does vapping :)

The Journey Begins...

Hi Folks,

So a few months ago I decided it was time to kick the evil weed to the kerb, when I say evil obviously I am referring to tobacco

As a canna user I generally only ever smoked joints with baccy, so quiting baccy meant I was also going to have to change the way i took canna as well.

Like a lot of people I decided that vaping looked like a very viable way of me kicking the baccy, but still getting my fix. My wife got hold of a couple of those cheap Eco pen things, which seemed fine for nicotine replacement

So I done a lot of reading and spoke with lots of people on the forum, as I wanted a vape that I would be able to vape bud and oil with. After reading lots of reviews I decided on getting the Mighty by Storz and Bickel. Have to admit although its not cheap its a great well made piece of kit

So I managed to find something that still gave me the great taste of the homegrown weed, without the need for baccy

But my quest wasn't over yet, I decided that I wanted something more portable and stealth like, that would allow me to be able to smoke in public

So over the next few posts I am going to detail stuff I have tried and where I find myself now

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (10-08-16), Buster (16-08-16), Dazmandaz (11-08-16), Eggman (10-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), Ginger-bud (10-08-16), JB (11-08-16), lazylathe (16-10-16), M_C (10-08-16), SecondShot (13-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

Be appreciated Sam , thank you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-17)

Thanks

Nice one buddy, I will be following in your footsteps very soon and dumping the dreaded bacy so will sign up with this one if you don't mind? Do you mind if I ask how much you paid for the mighty? Cheers buddy👍

As a kid I was forced to eat my greens now I voluntarily smoke them.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matts.fish For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-17), Samwise Gamgee (10-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

I have the s and b plenty Sam

Im sat looking at it now whilst smoking a bifter lol

Im getting to that age now where you know you gotta make a change.

I used an iolite years ago for a bit,didnt like it.
    Iv tried the plenty once and it just makes me cough.

Ill sub to follow ya journey dear,might find the answer Im looking for eh?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), M_C (10-08-16), Samwise Gamgee (10-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    I have the s and b plenty Sam

Im sat looking at it now whilst smoking a bifter lol

Im getting to that age now where you know you gotta make a change.

I used an iolite years ago for a bit,didnt like it.
    Iv tried the plenty once and it just makes me cough.

Ill sub to follow ya journey dear,might find the answer Im looking for eh?
    hi beth start the plenty of on setting 3 / 4 and if that still makes you cough then next time try setting 2/3

the coughing usually happens because the vape is to hot for your throat and once you started to cough its hard to go back down a level and start because youve already aggravated your throat , and also dont try and toke it like a fag or ecig i find long slow draws will also help with the coughing , this is just my opinion and feel free to tell me to shut up ,good luck with your vaping journey

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazmandaz For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17)

Thanks

So the mix that I found was called DBMIXPro, and it is available via Amazon

So the downside, is this stuff is only available from the US, and it isn't cheap by the time you import it. But I took the plunge, as tbh the cost was the equivalent to about 2 pouches of baccy in the grand scheme of things

So the mix finally arrived, and I made up my next batch of canna e-juice . This time thou I kept adjusting the levels of oil in the mix, until I got a nice hit off the vape, I probably used about 5g of oil in all, but made up about 15ml of vape juice

So again, I had some success, using my cheapo pen this was a lot better hit, and the juice wasn't harsh and didn't taste half as bad as PG/VG mix, and an added bonus was the it was odourless

I tested this in a few places and even sat puffing on it in my mothers back garden, without an eyebrow raised

So I had refined the solution but I did find one thing, the cheapo pen never had any type of airflow so essentially you really didn't get a decent drag off it

I think in hindsight this was due to the cheap pens being a lower voltage, and essentially the e-juice is thicker than most e-juice, so takes a higher wattage to burn effectively

So my journey continues, but now I need to find a cost effective pen that had varied voltage that I could vape my new canna e-juice in
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 11-08-16 at 01:22 PM.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (11-08-16), Dutchcourage (11-08-16), Fan leaf Phil (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), M_C (11-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
    So the mix that I found was called DBMIXPro, and it is available via Amazon

So the downside, is this stuff is only available from the US, and it isn't cheap by the time you import it.
    I've just secured 15ml on Ebay from a UK seller
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (01-09-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), Samwise Gamgee (19-11-16)

Thanks

So we are nearly up to the present day

Again I done a lot of reading of review sites as I was looking for a pen type device that looked discrete, with variable voltage and didn't cost the earth. I didn't want a device that looked like I was taking a breathalyser test when having a toke

So after a lot of reading I came across this device

If you want to google it, it is called a Jac Vapour Series-E Stainless Steel Aero Kit. I bought a start kit which came in at around £70, but that came with a extra battery, so I could always have one on charge, and everything else I needed to get started

So I got it through yesterday, and its a lovely bit of kit, build quality is excellent, and even for a novice vapour its dead easy to put together. I filled it up with the canna e-juice and charged her up
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 11-08-16 at 02:10 PM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (11-08-16), Dazmandaz (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), M_C (11-08-16)

Thanks

So last night I dedicated a few hours of my time testing the new pen

It was a delight to use, and I ended up getting very nicely stoned, the taste was actually nice as again I could taste the weed in the oil. The pen has 3 voltages, 3.7a, 4.2a and 4.8 amps, tbh its trial and error which is best for you, but I have found the higher you go the more chesty it gets

I am currently using it at 4.2a and haven't had a joint now since yesterday morning, and at the minute I am more than happy with it

The pen also allows for variable air low with a little valve you can open and close, I have this wide open which means you can get a nice low resistance toke, rather than it feeling like your trying to suck a golf ball through a hose pipe

I have added another picture below, filled with the canna e-juice:

So now we are at today, I feel like I have made a great stride forward now in giving up baccy, but next I want to test adding a tobacco concentrate to the canna e-juice to see if I can get as close to a joint as possible and also stop any nicotine cravings I may get from giving up the joints

Hope this helps someone, I will add more updates to this thread as I go, and if you decide to give it a go, then please add anything useful here
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 11-08-16 at 02:02 PM.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (11-08-16), Dazmandaz (11-08-16), Dutchcourage (11-08-16), GEORGE (05-02-17), JB (11-08-16), M_C (11-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

I got the mighty to , I usually have a blast on it before relaxing with a joint. Old habits eh , I'm vaping the rest of the time joints are the only time I use tobacco. Must kick it to though vaping is a bit strong for an all dayer like me. Hope you post about the vg pg thc mix cos that might be a way forward.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (05-02-17), JB (11-08-16)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast