Thread: Dark times

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Dark times

if "dark time's " work why don't legal commmerical growers do this - where is the scientific data - besides doing dark times and thinking it helps the plant (putting stress on it) confused ?????? thoughts'

2. "No dark times equal no flowering (unless it's an auto) - you can try this yourself at home

...and who said commercial growers have no dark times?"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times
    Provided Answers: 510

No dark times equal no flowering (unless it's an auto) - you can try this yourself at home

...and who said commercial growers have no dark times?
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Hawk, are you referring to lighting schedules during the vegetative stage of growing? While 12 hours with light on and 12 hours with light off starts flowering for cannabis, growers often grow their plants with lights on 24 hours a day, while some keep the light on 18 hours a day or so (with a 6 hour dark period). There doesn't seem to be a consensus as to which is "better". The 24 hours on folks will tell you they get faster growth albeit at a higher cost (simply from running lights longer) while 18 hours on/6 off are happy to be closer emulating lighting schedules found in nature/afraid of stressing their plants out with too much light, too little rest. I've seen both work fine

other thing I was thinking is you might be referring to dark periods meant to shock flowering plants into producing more resin/oils in their last few days before harvest. This seems consensus-less as well. People seem to agree that there's some scientific evidence for stress increasing yield or potency of said yield, but I think most growers avoid it out of fear of hurting their plants so late in the game. I've seen a lot of people who try it not do it consistently because they find it doesn't change yield or potency and at worst hurts it
    What Peace is Growin
    Peace, Love, Unity

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PeaceLoveUnity For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (11-08-16)