Thread: Outdoor SCROG is getting crowded

Thanks

Question Outdoor SCROG is getting crowded

Hi there! So I've got an outdoors SCROG setup, SCROG might not be perfect for outdoors, but I've done this to keep the grow out of sight. Strain is Incredible Bulk.

The screen is quite scrowded and I'm having difficulty moving the larger branches around. There are several plants growing in the screen, all topped a few times so there's many "main branches" which will produce big colas. But theres a big difference between the large bud sites and the smaller ones, and thats why I was considering topping the plants again at the tip of the larger branches, causing the canopy to even out.

Is this a good or bad idea? Will the plant divert the energy to other bud sites, or is there a considerable loss due to the larger branches loosing their main cola?

Also I was thinking about removing all the smaller bud sites, creating more space for the big buds...?

I live in the northern hemisphere and expect to harvest sometime mid october / late october. At the moment theres 15/9 sunlight.

Thanks for reading my post, hope it wasn't too badly put together, looking forward to any answers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Meeseeks For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (23-09-16)

Thanks

post up some pics man...i ve been debating setting up a scrog for the exact same reason to keep the plants even lower profile....

i think someone more experienced than me will come along and help you with your problem...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to anruari For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (23-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

This is kinda a mixed bag of answers... When I scrog I continue to top multiple times throughout veg. I end up topping my plant probably 4 times or so. So you can feel free to top and let the others catch up. Now this also depends on your screen. If u have a large screen with a bunch of squares then utilize your screen and start topping the bitch. If it's more of a support screen with big squares then just top as much as needed. Check out my diary I have now... It's my current scrog with multiple plants and different strains. Well get u sorted out. Post up a pic or 2 and you'll be in good hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (23-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,625 Times

I think you are a bit late to be topping right now. You could add a second screen if the grow to far through your current screen. Thinning out bud sights with poor light and air movement is good. You can slowly thin to you your most productive kolas so you have correct number of kolas to squares.

Guys in my area use castle panels as screens they are 5 feet wide and 16 feet long each end stuck in the ground and the center bowed upward.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

2jayman1 (23-09-16), Skunky n funky (24-09-16)