Thread: Flowering question in regards to transition of nutes

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

Default Answered: Flowering question in regards to transition of nutes

Hiya everyone. Hope somebody can help me. It's my first ever grow with Sativa dom strains. they've been flipped on to 12/12 two weeks tomorrow so should be ready to start reducing nitrogen as I understand and start upping the bloom nutes. Thing is, the flowers aren't as big as I thought they'd be at this point and I get feeling they're not finished with this stretching spurt. Do I maintain my present High Nitrogen feeding you do I start with the transition feeding?

Using 3 part nutes currently on a '3 part Grow to 2 part Micro to 1 part Bloom' ratio was going to switch to an equal ratio before going with a 1 part Grow to 2 part Micro to 3 part Bloom. Growing in Coco, PH is bang on, temp 26 on/23 off. Ec feeding to 1.4 with a little cal mag every other feed.

Here are some pics.

Sour D

Cheese Candy

Plants seem happy and strong, I've been tucking and weaving every day with the scrog.

Could anybody surgest the best course of action as I'm supposed to start adjusting my feed tomorrow. I'd appreciate any input and thank you in advance
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

2. "You sound like your pretty spot on with your timing and plan. The stretch will come to a complete halt at roughly 3 or 4 weeks or so of actual 12/12. Some strains are different. If the stretch seems to be slowing and pistils are starting to develop at a faster rate then it is time to back off the veg nutes, that much nitrogen is no Bueno during flowering. U can taper then nutes off to allow the plant that adjustment period with the new feeds. By week 4 or 5 or so you will be into full flower and want your full flowering nutes then and very little to no veg nutes. I hope this helps... U seem to have a good grasp. By your pics it looks like the pistils are just starting to come in, so you should be fine to start the taper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-16), shorelineog (15-08-16), Skunky n funky (15-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times
    Provided Answers: 37

You sound like your pretty spot on with your timing and plan. The stretch will come to a complete halt at roughly 3 or 4 weeks or so of actual 12/12. Some strains are different. If the stretch seems to be slowing and pistils are starting to develop at a faster rate then it is time to back off the veg nutes, that much nitrogen is no Bueno during flowering. U can taper then nutes off to allow the plant that adjustment period with the new feeds. By week 4 or 5 or so you will be into full flower and want your full flowering nutes then and very little to no veg nutes. I hope this helps... U seem to have a good grasp. By your pics it looks like the pistils are just starting to come in, so you should be fine to start the taper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (15-08-16), FunkyB (15-08-16), GEORGE (19-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    You sound like your pretty spot on with your timing and plan. The stretch will come to a complete halt at roughly 3 or 4 weeks or so of actual 12/12. Some strains are different. If the stretch seems to be slowing and pistils are starting to develop at a faster rate then it is time to back off the veg nutes, that much nitrogen is no Bueno during flowering. U can taper then nutes off to allow the plant that adjustment period with the new feeds. By week 4 or 5 or so you will be into full flower and want your full flowering nutes then and very little to no veg nutes. I hope this helps... U seem to have a good grasp. By your pics it looks like the pistils are just starting to come in, so you should be fine to start the taper.

Thank you kindly for your help. So I should keep to my high Nitrogen feeding for a few feeds and see how it develops then? Would you say when the flowers arrive and get to the size of a small marble, would that be the time to taper off the Nitrogen or should I be tapering it off before then?

My Sour D is my worry in regards to stretch because as I have limited space.

Here's some more pics for the hell of it, through I haven't tucked today yet so their's way way way more bud sites.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-16), Northern (15-08-16), Skunky n funky (15-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times
    Provided Answers: 3

What colour are the leaves with lights off , dark green is plenty of nitrogen, which the plant will draw on during flowering, and the leaves will lighten, listen to Skunky!! the only thing i can offer as a new grower is watch the plants, they will let you know!1 sometimes less is more so be careful of going heavy with the Nitrogen. i only know this because one of my first posts on here got lots of advice about my girls being N heavy. If it stretches to far, bend her over, she,ll be ok

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (15-08-16), GEORGE (19-08-16), Skunky n funky (15-08-16)

Thanks

Just slowly start cutting back on veg nutes. By the time they hit week 5 or so they should be damn near off and running on veg nutes. Maybe do a 1/4 less veg nute per week that will put u at week 5 with full bloom nutes.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (15-08-16), GEORGE (19-08-16)

Thanks

Brilliant. Thank you both kindly. How do I mark this answered?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-16)

Thanks

No idea how you go about doing that but I'm glad I could help out. Get a diary up, then you can ensure things go smooth.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (17-08-16), GEORGE (19-08-16)

Thanks

She is a pretty tree btw!!!! Your hard work will definetly pay off for you.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,735 Times
    Provided Answers: 55

I use a three-part nutrients mix. I usually veg at something like a 5 2 1 mix. Then I switch over to a 4 4 4 mix and I'll hold that for two three, four weeks depending upon the strain. Usually I hold longer for sativas.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you Skunky, thank you Jingo

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-16), Jingo (17-08-16)