Thread: First time grower, can anyone tell me whats wrong?

Thanks

Default First time grower, can anyone tell me whats wrong?

Hey everyone, first time poster and grower. I brought a seed of Easy Kush, germinated and planted it. Until recently, it looked great and everything seemed to be going fine.

However, I notice that the leafs of the plant look wrong and wanted some help from experienced growers and whatnot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0190.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	330354

As you can see, the leafs are somewhat brownish at the tips, nothing too serious (I hope) it seems.

Thanks for any support!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lovingleon For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (16-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,623 Times

You have a little nutrient burn going on there. Either you've given her too many nutrients lately. Or the soil you're growing in is a bit hot. Hot meaning high in nitrogen.

If you have recently fertilized then you can flush out the excess nitrogen by putting two or three times the amount of water the pot would hold through the pot. And then give it a light feeding again.

If you never fed her. Then when she's ready to be watered give her a good heavy watering with plenty of runoff and then every time you water get 10 or 15% runoff.

In any case it's good to get run off when you water and you don't really want your plant to re uptake that run off. That can also cause the burning you're seeing on the edges of your leaves.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (16-08-16), lovingleon (16-08-16), M_C (16-08-16), Skunky n funky (16-08-16)

Thanks

Hey thank you so much for your detailed reply.

I believe I may of over-watered the plant myself, maybe that's where all the excess nutrients are coming from?

I have fed her once and that was last week when I moved it to a bigger pot.

I always believe that run off may of been taken again as you said so that may always be a problem.

Thank you very much for the support!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lovingleon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,623 Times

Okay, so when you repot a plant a lot of times the soil you go into is a little hot. So feeding on top of that gave her a little bit of nute burn. She'll grow out of it in a week or so no problem just water to run off when you water. Probably don't need to feed for a while.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post: