Thread: No trichomes!?

Thanks

Default No trichomes!?

Ok, here is my mystery...but first the basic info....

I have five M.G. Biddys Sister in the sixth week of flower. All have been LST'ed. All are on the same feeding regimine with Iguana Juice Bloom. All are under a 12/12 light cycle with three 200W warm CFL's. Temp a consistant 25C and humidity at 60.

Four of the five are almost identical in size, shape, leaf and bud development, ect. These four look like they have been in a snow shower...very tasty looking!

The odd lady out looks totally different. She was the strongest and biggest during veg. She was the first to show sex and the first to flower. However she has also been the most sensitive. She is always the first to ask for water and first to start yellowing at the base leaves. While the others enjoy the nutes, she burns at the tips, even at a reduced percentage. I have tried giving her no nutes, but then she starts to yellow at the bottom rapidly. Her flowers show just as many pistils as the others, but the bud density isn't happening. Most importantly and the most annoyingly, she exhibits no signs of trichome development and has almost no odour.

I have clipped one of the buds to sample...should be ready to smoke tomorrow. My thoughts right now is if she doesn't please my palate, to take her out and give the others more room to breathe. Before I do that, I wanted to ask if any one has ever experienced such a lady?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

never seen this before! absolutely no frosting at all? i'd like to see some comparison shots i can't see you getting much of a stone from your test bud

Thanks

sounds like a bitch.if you dont get much from it then cull it and let the others spread out a bit.

samhain Guest

Interesting , nice report quertysquint .
    Would could that be different feno , where as some run longer than others ?
    i had thought it was to do with light intensity frosting , but apparently not .

you'll not get much off a hit or decent insight with quickdried early my friend sound's like a fussy bitch

Thanks

Okay dude, your using CFL's so even if u say 600w do u mean equivalent? If so your not getting the same intensity tho. Using CFL's I sudjest doing the math and finding out how many lumens your putting out. Veging is smooth with CFL's but getting buds to do well in flower is more crucial. Some say the plant wont flower with CFL and that is false. Your lights sound like your getting below the 3000 Lumens u need per sq ft. Many go for 5000 Lumens for optimal light. So multiply 3000 by the number of plants. Count up your lumens. Put them about 1 to 2 inches from the area u want to effect. Currently I am using CFL's in Soil and using Iguana nutes. But Watt wise I have ACTUAL 488 but 1725 EQUAL to... I dont take either as meaning much. The lumens do, the placement of the bulbs and technique of grow.

Your humidity is too high... should be like 40.
    I would also try adding some 6500k spectrum.

Hope this helps u dude.
    Last edited by Purple-Kush; 10-06-11 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,721 Times

lol the thread was made in 2009. 2 years old.

Thanks

ha ha now u tell me lol