Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Drying advise needed please

Thanks

Thanks all. It's a shame as when I upload the image it reduces in size. Is there any way I can keep the same resolution? The pictures I took were through a 60x magnifying glass.
    With regards to the shed, I've taken all your advise and decided to build my own cardboard dry box. Ordered my usb pc fan but not filters. Should be cool right?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Takgul For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Look at chewys guide to drying and curing . If you follow his guide you can't go wrong

sent from mission control

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (19-08-16), GEORGE (19-08-16), Takgul (19-08-16)

Thanks

Last try with the pics - took this under a 30x scope. Let me know your thoughts, clear, cloudy or impossible to tell? I've checked under a 60x scope but still unsure. First grow problems..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1881.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	330583  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Takgul For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Takgul View Post
    Last try with the pics - took this under a 30x scope. Let me know your thoughts, clear, cloudy or impossible to tell? I've checked under a 60x scope but still unsure. First grow problems..
    Me personaly would leave them another week n re check I see plenty of clears but it depends on the high u want. Clear will give u a slight buzz. Cloudy a good head change. Cloudy with a few ambers a slight couch lock and mostly cloudy with about 20% amber well that shit just fucks u up

I wouldnt dry in the shed too many bugs like fucking spiders! And u need as budda said really good air flow u could as an alternative put them in a large cardboard box in ur attic with sum ducting from the eves with a pair of tights over to stop shit getting in and a bathroom extractor to pull the air out the top. I dry in my tent like that whilst still flowering and it works fine just leave the fan on 24/7

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (19-08-16), GEORGE (19-08-16), JB (19-08-16), Takgul (19-08-16)

Thanks

Thanks mate - good points there. I'll leave the plants for another week or so. With regards to the drying, just bought myself a pc fan - will make a DIY dry box. I'll have to keep it in the house, no attic! it's going to stink it out isn't it haha

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Takgul For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-16), JB (19-08-16)

Thanks

Lightbulb DIY Cardboard Dry Box

Okay, check out my diagram - does this look about right? Wasn't sure if the fan acts as a exhaust or blows air in? How many slits should I make in the box? Any advise would be great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1885 copy.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	330597  

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Takgul For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-16)

Thanks

Roughly speaking yeah that will work and also yes itl stink alot. If u zoom in on my pic I posted ul see the intake comes in at the bottom corner and is then exhausted out from the opposite side at the top (as warm air rises) its basically the same as ur tent is set up cool air in low hot air out high
    If ur using a pc fan to exhaust maybe consider getting a carbon filter fir an aquarium and put it on the outside of the pc fan so the smell is pushed through it.
    You are going to need some clean cool air bro as if u pull in and exhaust into same room ul end up pulling stale air from room into box and itl fast dry ur buds. You have waited and put all the effort in get the dry sorted and ul reap the rewards plus u can use it again and again to dry in

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (19-08-16), GEORGE (19-08-16), Takgul (19-08-16)

Thanks

Thanks Pioneer - do you have a link for the carbon filter I need? Not sure what I'm looking for. Also how big shall I make the slits where the air comes in? The room which I'll be drying is well ventilated (windows and a door) would this suffice for good air flow?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Takgul For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-16)

Thanks

Mate that be peachy just cut a hole in the bottom say left of the box n run sum ducting from the window into the hole u make thatl be great for nice fresh air then oppostie side of hole at top put ur pc fan. The carbon stuff looks like a scotch pad used for washing up or rubbing car paint to key it lol pet shops sell it I think it goes in the filters? Ul just be fixing it to outside of fan to catch the smell

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-08-16), Takgul (19-08-16)

Thanks

Is this the bad boy? Carbon filter foam? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carbonfilterfoam.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	330602

Does it sit right on the fan or do I need to make a gap? I'm assuming air will flow through the filter no problem - my fans only 5v however.

Thanks!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Takgul For This Useful Post:

Ye Old Pioneer (19-08-16)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast