Thread: Ionic hydro nute feed strength

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Ionic hydro nute feed strength

Hey guys, if anyone uses the ionic hydro grow/bloom in a RDWC or similar system, how hard do you go on the nutes ? I'm wondering if I'm under feeding or that I may be able to go a lot higher.

I'm seeing no signs of stress or deficiency, and I'm 10 days into flip at 0.8 ec and 580 ppm in a 180 litre Undercurrent system. The ppm is steady and the water is dropping daily. I'm probably on 1/4 strength of the recommended dose. Strains are Greenhouse SLH and Dinafem cheese or OG Kush

What say you

Soft water area too, tap water is 110 ppm.

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Huktonfoniks View Post
    I'm seeing no signs of stress or deficiency,
    Then change nothing at the moment dude

I'd only increase the EC if the leaves start to go pale or if it starts to drop down....

You've hit a sweet spot at the moment, which is what you should always be looking for. Less is always more. Piling more feed in doesn't = bigger buds. You should always be aiming to give them just enough -
    - as you are now.

I've used Ionic in all my previous 9 grows "

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times
    Provided Answers: 5

I use a bit of ionic grow in veg and always start of with a 1/4 feed to start and build it up over the weeks.

Just build the feed up slowly..
    The plants leaf tips will tell you if overfeeding.
    I like to feed for a few days and drain clean tanks and give water for 2 days and then drain and feed and repeat..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy roken For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times
    Provided Answers: 53

Quote Originally Posted by Huktonfoniks View Post
    I'm seeing no signs of stress or deficiency,

I'd only increase the EC if the leaves start to go pale or if it starts to drop down....

You've hit a sweet spot at the moment, which is what you should always be looking for. Less is always more. Piling more feed in doesn't = bigger buds. You should always be aiming to give them just enough -
    - as you are now.

I've used Ionic in all my previous 9 grows

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-08-16), Huktonfoniks (22-08-16)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Type M View Post

- as you are now.

I've used Ionic in all my previous 9 grows
    Nice one bruv. I was just unsure and thought id ask before i nuke lol. Just checked in on them since last night, and they seem to be loving the HPS, ppm dropped by 30 and tds by 20, and they have spread nicely, gonna bump them to super lumens today an see how much theyve drank when they wake.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

Type M (22-08-16)