Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: LED Lights

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MrGundam View Post
    Sorry I should have said I am willing to put upto around 600 - 800 for an led if it really can match HID, be used for the full grow and will last.

I do appologise, I am very new to all this but wanted to sound put opinion on LED as I wasn't sure why more people are not using it. I see a lot of money spent on cooling or IR protection but then use HID. On paper if LED can match it seems a no brainer so wondered what I'm missing.

If you are willing to invest that much money into the lighting and especially LED then yes you should be able to get a similar (? better) return than from 600W HPS that will only cost you £89 for the entire set. Is the return of investment difference worth it? That is up to the individual. I went with CMH 315W lights in the end after huge amounts of research. I just did not have the money to spend on an industrial growing quality LED system and they were the only ones that seemed to offer the performance I wanted.

Good luck with what ever you decide I am 100% sure you are going to have a pretty awesome set up for your groom.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

Commercial cannabis growers in the United States are going down two separate paths as far as LEDs are concerned.

One path, stays with established agricultural industry LED lights like the lumigrow that I use. And they're using computer models to develop very strain specific proprietary spectrums for their LEDs.

The second path, involves Cobbs. The cob LEDs are set up on large rafts of Lights and shine more directly down on the plants.

In both methods the yields are higher with LED then they are with HID. There are a few videos on YouTube that have to do with commercial cannabis grows and comparisons. I just watched a very interesting one on Reddit comparing the double-ended gavitas with the spydr 1200 something or other LED. The 1200 Drew about 600 actual wall watts and outperform the gavita by about 30% on just about every strain that grew.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-16), non_smoker0922 (29-08-16), skeptik (08-01-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    Commercial cannabis growers in the United States are going down two separate paths as far as LEDs are concerned.

One path, stays with established agricultural industry LED lights like the lumigrow that I use. And they're using computer models to develop very strain specific proprietary spectrums for their LEDs.

The second path, involves Cobbs. The cob LEDs are set up on large rafts of Lights and shine more directly down on the plants.

In both methods the yields are higher with LED then they are with HID. There are a few videos on YouTube that have to do with commercial cannabis grows and comparisons. I just watched a very interesting one on Reddit comparing the double-ended gavitas with the spydr 1200 something or other LED. The 1200 Drew about 600 actual wall watts and outperform the gavita by about 30% on just about every strain that grew.
    I juss watched that...I wanna get their newest lights but don't understand how they work when the lights just look white look them up

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to non_smoker0922 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-16)

Thanks

They look white because they cover all the spectrum, think of sunlight, they may be white to the eye but they still contain red and blue

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to voodoogamer420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-16), non_smoker0922 (29-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

Definitely going budmaster god on my next grow. Was going to go for spectrum king but have decided against that.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogamer420 View Post
    They look white because they cover all the spectrum, think of sunlight, they may be white to the eye but they still contain red and blue

Ok so not the obvious reds and blues

12. The Following User Says Thank You to non_smoker0922 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by non_smoker0922 View Post
    Ok so not the obvious reds and blues

Most Leds will eventually all be white light, full spectrum is what they want including the white spectrum, although this is still debated, but the science makes sense 👍

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to voodoogamer420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-16), non_smoker0922 (29-08-16), _teapot_ (29-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogamer420 View Post
    Most Leds will eventually all be white light, full spectrum is what they want including the white spectrum, although this is still debated, but the science makes sense ��

From what some of the manufacturers have lead me to believe, the reason they are starting to offer white light is because of the end user demand. So they are saying it makes no difference but as people are asking for it they will do it. Thats my understanding anyway

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nevanayno For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-16), non_smoker0922 (04-09-16), voodoogamer420 (01-09-16)

Thanks

Default Lookin for led

Quote Originally Posted by nevanayno View Post
    In my opinion a lot of people stick with HID as it a case of ''if it isnt broke''. Growing under LED is VERY different to growing under HID so you kind of have to learn how to grow again. This can be off putting for some people and also means that at first some people dont get the returns from LED that they did with HID due to the new learning curve.
    I use the budmaster GOD which cost £1500 for the 9 panel.You can get some cheaper models from budmaster but they arent as effective as the GOD. I see that some people on here use the Mars panels but I have absolutely no idea how they compare. Im thinking of getting more LEDs so I would love to know how the mars and other chinese brands compare to the budmaster.
    To be fair for that money I would expect you could get a decent LED. Shit Ive had my budmaster over 2 years now I think so Im pretty certain the chinese would have copied the tech by now. Its just the quality of the parts and how long ti will last that would worry me about the chinese ones.
    have you hear something about the round 300w chinese led lights???
    thanks-

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rookigrow For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Talking

LED's have come a long ways in just the last two years. They are more powerful and cheaper than they have ever been. Just check out some brands, Mars, Morsen, and Wellpar for a few. They now are made with double chip 5W doioes and up to as high as 2,400W, which equal to around 900W of HPS. Good luck and happy growing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4320.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	336868   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4093.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	336869  

20. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Tommy_420 (09-03-17)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast