Thread: 400w in the loft

Thanks

Default 400w in the loft

Currently building a room up in the loft , so far the room consists of 50mm celtotex inbetween the supports then plywood on the front of the supports , i will be attaching mylar to the inside of the plywood which will be the inside of the room and then im looking to put reflective insulation roll behind the celotex , does this sound it will be enough? Only a little personal grow going to be using one 400w bulb , the floor space will be around 5x5 , intake in the summer will be from the eaves , in the winter intake will be coming from spare cupboard or ive even got the airing cupboard to pull from , intake in the winter will be from either of them two cupboards
    Does this sound sufficient? The lofts uninsulated , also got aload of insulation roll i could chuck over the hole room if neccassary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Afternoon pp90 forget the maylar and other stuff . Plasterboard it to the ply wood and paint it Matt white using decorators caulk for all the joints and screws heads . I'd go for 12.5mm plasterboard giving you half a hours fire protection at the same time as it is also a good insulator and soundproofer

sent from mission control

3. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (25-08-16)

Thanks

So with 12.5 plasterboard onto the plywood then the celotex is on the back of the plywood this all sounds good to go? I thought i was really undercooking the insulation but i guess what ive been researching is probably to maintain a room full of 600w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

You will still need very good extraction and a intake . I'd recommend designing your room with a lot of thought . Take the air into your room from the coolest side of the house and if possible vent out of the chimney if not vent as far away from any neighbors . Buy the best carbon filter like a rhino

sent from mission control