Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: drying in a tent with a flowering plant

Starsky & Hutch Pinball Champion!
    Thanks

I`ve done this before. It`s not ideal, but it can be done. IDK if it made the bud any harsher or not, but the potency was fine. As I had a little room above my light, I cut the branches into lengths that would fit above it. 6 days drying and then into jars (with a bit of the stems) for a week in the dark. I opened the jars as often as I could and then I manicured the bud and cured it as normal. Might be some perfectionists that disagree but if its all you can do, then do it.

Joe Dirt is right about a second tent though. I bought a small, cheap (2nd) tent to dry in and ran a small length of ducting though to my main tent. Opened one of the vents in the small tent and closed all the vents in the main tent. Pulled the air through both tents with my 5 inch fan and it works fine.
    Now if you`ll excuse me, it`s my lunch time

dougtheheads 3 strain grow Completed.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dougthehead For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (29-08-16)

Thanks

Are you using an inlet fan?

If so, i would put a cardbox before it and dry in that rather in the room.

Im sure it can be done in the room in loads of ways, i just can't help but think all of them are going to negatively affect quality.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Furtive For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (29-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

Could you not get a second tent and some ducting to passive circulate it into the tent with the filter? Cheap 60 quid one(probably cheaper). The price of 6 grams. You'll be losing a hell of a lot more than 6 grams losing a plant. I know space could be an issue but as you say it will only be for a couple of weeks.
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (29-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

Whack a cardboard box inside the tent ul have room after u chop 3 u just need sum ducting to pull in more fresh air through the box at the bottom an a hole at opposite side at top. If u can find a little 4" bathroom extractor this be ideal as ul be sucking air through boc and extracting smell into tent and c/f will do rest but needs to run 24/7 I do it n it works fine

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (30-08-16), Huktonfoniks (01-09-16), joker_the_smoker (30-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ye Old Pioneer View Post
    Whack a cardboard box inside the tent ul have room after u chop 3 u just need sum ducting to pull in more fresh air through the box at the bottom an a hole at opposite side at top. If u can find a little 4" bathroom extractor this be ideal as ul be sucking air through boc and extracting smell into tent and c/f will do rest but needs to run 24/7 I do it n it works fine
    nice 1 YOP

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (02-09-16), Ye Old Pioneer (30-08-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ye Old Pioneer View Post
    This will be ideal for me, nice one

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	331400

if i was to get a small tent for drying would this work ok? im bit worried about humitity in small tent tho if i did this

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso88 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	331400

if i was to get a small tent for drying would this work ok? im bit worried about humitity in small tent tho if i did this
    If it was me id put the fan between the did u call it intake? (Bit which is exhaust on dry bit) so ur sucking air instead of pushing it over the buds but aye in theory should work as ur tents c/f will get rid of the smell n heat still

Thanks

I've used a cadboard box with string through holes both sides not ideal but works ,

Thanks

Default drying in a tent with a flowering plant

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchcourage View Post
    One suggestion I read about if your tent and fan support it! was a large cardboard box outside and next to the tent, slits one side, then ducting from the other side into the tent via one of the ports in the tent so the air is drawn in from outside through the box, over the buds and out through the carbon filter/fan. Would need to have a powerful enough fan to keep negative pressure in the tent though I imagine.
    Hi Dutchcourage I tried this too by using a big black plastic rubbish bin with a domed top (readily available here in UK) I cut a 4" hole in the top, connected acoustic ducting and ported it through and into my tent I hung six lines of string inside the bin and cut a smaller 2" hole at the very base of the bin, I hung up my bud to dry in there, if I put tissue paper by the 2" hole at the bottom the airflow was pretty strong as the paper was getting sucked in, I noticed the bud was drying too quickly on the outside but remaining quite moist on the inside, but I darent leave it longer in there as it may dry the outside of the bud too much, after just 2 days it was dry on the outside, I wondered if cutting the bottom hole bigger like maybe 3.5" would reduce airflow and not dry the bud too fast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast