Thread: heat connundrum

Thanks

Default heat connundrum

Hi,

I'm having an issue with deciding the best way to extract heat from my groom.

I have a 250 hps cool tube on a separate duct from the groom and inside the groom itself I have a small fan fed intake and a rhino hobby on the exhaust. Each loop is running on a 190 m3/h fan (so, one for each extract)

Obviously, this is not enough (or I wouldn't be here) so I've decided to buy a more powerful fan.
    I've spotted two that I fancy...one of them is significantly noisier than the other, but the other wouldn't pull well through my cf.

My choices are...do I hook the quieter fan to my cooltube (take the heat away from source) Or, do I hook the noisier fan to the groom?

Which would be the most effective...assume that in either case I'll be pulling about 300m3/h out of the room

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,887 Times

You haven't mentioned the grow room size but I would imagine that your fan, once attatched to a carbon filter, doesn't have enough air flow for your room, hence the problem.
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (27-08-16), joker_the_smoker (27-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

If you can afford it get a 5" rvk or bigger and make a Budlightyear variac. If your using two fans. Your out take should be bigger than your intake. With a cool tube set up I connect the fan to pull though the filter and then push out the hot air from the cooltube