Thread: Transplanting into coco coir

Thanks

Default Transplanting into coco coir

Hi guys, quick question.

I have started growing from seed in a potting soil but would like to grow in coco coir.
    What's the best way to transplant into this?

The plant is still seedling starting to veg, when would be the best time too?

Bulls Guest

Hello buddy. I usually start off my plants in B&Q Varve Cuttings and Sowing soil. If it's a small pot like 0.5L or so and you final pots will be 10 or 15L of coco will not be a problem at all..Just transplant them and make sure your ph is 5.8 and when watering just water on the edges and let them roots search for the moisture.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (28-08-16), joker_the_smoker (28-08-16), M_C (01-09-16), Toke monkey (01-09-16)

Thanks

Thanks man really helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimbojumbo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey buddy. I've just done this myself. Just pot up like you do in soil but the second pot and every pot thereafter has coco in it. I'm new to all the coco nutes EC and ph so I can't advise you on that.

Bulls Guest

With coco you dont need to put up in different size pots like with Soil. Just go straight to your final size pots.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (01-09-16), FunkyB (01-09-16), Hippy Crack (01-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bulsatcom View Post
    With coco you dont need to put up in different size pots like with Soil. Just go straight to your final size pots.
    Is there a reason behind that?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (01-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dick turpin View Post
    Is there a reason behind that?
    You get a slightly different root structure in coco, the plants tend to produce more of the fine subsidiary root hairs due to to the medium being less dense so it don't matter so much when the root ends hit the pot walls and spiral...Coco and air pots are the best combo because the air pruning stimulates even more of this secondary root growth...

Regards BL

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Blue (01-09-16), ERBURT (01-09-16), Hippy Crack (01-09-16), joker_the_smoker (01-09-16), Toke monkey (01-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

use some great white and rhizotonic if you can afford it fella its well worth it

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

John Innes No1 and a little bit of perlite in two inch posts, when the roots show wait till you're next due a water then pot up into the coco/perlite letting the very fine Innes No1 fall away first with some light shaking as it's very fine and refined soil it comes away nicely. Start my coco feeding plan.
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bulsatcom View Post
    Excellent, straight to final pot in future. Cheers fella.