Thread: Closest plant to Marijuana

Thanks

Default Closest plant to Marijuana

I need a plant that will have the same growth formation and reactions to nutrient problems, under/over watering, pest problems and diseases.

I ask as i have just started working for a hydroponics retailer, Marijuana is something I left in my past due to having a collapsed lung and not wanting to move in those circles again. Obviously the majority of the clients are weed growers so i need to be able to accurate advice without actually growing cannabis. I am buying DWC, Auto-pot, Ebb/Flow, NFT and driper systems to relearn all of them as I've been out of the game for ten years and need to relearn.

The plants I've looked at so far are bush tomatoes and hops but hops don't have the same growth pattern but belong to the same genus and is the closest relative. Strawberries have had a reclassification but again the growth pattern is not the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GR0MIT For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (29-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

I don't think the average cannabis grower would have any interest in this....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (30-08-16), Skunky n funky (29-08-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Hemp is probably your best bet...
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GR0MIT View Post
    I need a plant that will have the same growth formation and reactions to nutrient problems, under/over watering, pest problems and diseases.

I ask as i have just started working for a hydroponics retailer, Marijuana is something I left in my past due to having a collapsed lung and not wanting to move in those circles again. Obviously the majority of the clients are weed growers so i need to be able to accurate advice without actually growing cannabis. I am buying DWC, Auto-pot, Ebb/Flow, NFT and driper systems to relearn all of them as I've been out of the game for ten years and need to relearn.

The plants I've looked at so far are bush tomatoes and hops but hops don't have the same growth pattern but belong to the same genus and is the closest relative. Strawberries have had a reclassification but again the growth pattern is not the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I go to my local hydro shop and sometimes I'm misinformed. Other times they are bang on.

I had to recommend a product to a customer in the shop the other day because they were fobbing off the same shit they sold to me that didn't work.

It's experience. 1 of my hydro shops has set ups to show what they do and how they work.

The other has nothing but knows every person shopping there grows weed so he will point blank tell you what's best for growing.

I shop at the one with displays as I know they have grown with the setups. They have chilli's sunflowers etc. Not one mention of ganja!

I moved away from the hydro shop that were blatantly growers because yet again they informed me extremely on point but have inferior products.

They sent me away with a liquid pH tester that was shit!

Went to my other hydro and they told me. We have 2 pH testers.

1 that is really good and 1 that is the best (truncheon)

I walked out with both.

You don't need to grow ganja to know the basic process of growing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post: