Thread: What is medical cannabis

Thanks

Question What is medical cannabis

A bit about me : (I will use weed/cannabis/marijuana in the story but all mean same)
    I am new to forum but not exaclty new to consuming marijuana, you can find my post where I started growing them this year. I live in Amsterdam I immigrated here back in 2006 and until 2015 I never smoked cannabis I smoked my first cannabis on King's day (google it for more info) that too a pre-rolled joint with I guess 40-60 ratio of tobacco and some low quality weed.

Then I have a neighbor who is constant smoker and he is not particular about type of weed, he just go to nearest shop and buy the one he is smoking from ages. I got introduced to him because of my dog, we both have dogs (although he is living in my neighborhood since 6 years now) . I adopted dog also last year, I used to visit him often but I never smoked with him, I only enjoyed my beers.

I did my own research and actually found weed as relaxing substance and I started to smoke and later by some more encouragement from him, I started to roll my own and get rid of those pre-rolled sh**. This tsunami didn't end here I found its whole different world and I read a lot online, I know a lot now about strains and which is better, this guy has no clue and I suggest him now what to smoke etc.

But now comes the real part I used to smoke on weekends but later whenever I got chance I roll one even on weekdays, to the point that I even smoke and went to work/drive/shopping I mean I forgot how I used to be without smoking. Until I decided enough is enough so I quit just like that, all my plants still growing (not yet flowering but they will soon). Its been a week I didn't smoke and seriously I don't feel urge too.

But there is a side effect not physical but mental in the sense that I don't enjoy my weekends anymore I don't think about it much but I feel that I am still under influence (like I never got out from it) but I don't enjoy my time I feel something is missing, as far as I can say I don't see any changes in me if I don't smoke so thats positive or could be that something strong is going to hit me soon.

Anyway, coming back to my question I read that there is something called as medical marijuana and I checked I can also get seeds online. I could not find much info on it except for the general article about what marijuana can do to help you get out of some pain/psycho problems/epileptic attacks and what not but the thing is I have none of this condtion, but I want to know can I be able to enjoy my weekends again with medical marijuana the same way I used to do earlier, without getting "lost/addictive" or lets say less focussed ?

The reason I don't want to go back to same rotuine of smoking "non-medical marijuana" like before is I don't want to be lost all the time, I want to control myself and still enjoy my time whenever I want.

I know you will say its all up to me, but thing is its not, now I know I am not smoking so I am not even trying/thinking but once I start then I will keep smoking. Is medical marijuana (if it exists) is way to solve this and what exactly it is, what feeling it gives, is it something with less THC or weak strain ?

Are there alternatives like CBD oil what is this ?

Oh btw I forgot to add when I was smoking I used to mix hash (few chunks) together with weed and very less tobacco. Considering tobacco quantity my neighbor puts in his joint he is addicted to nicotine than marijuana, when I saw once when he was rolling, I stop sharing smoke with him, eww tobacco is NO-NO for me, I only put it to keep the joint burning.

So, guys with your honest experience let me know what is medical marijuana and what strain I should look for and is it less addictive but give me same relaxation on weekend ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bud_buddy For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

Cannabidiol, or CBD is a non psychoactive cannabinoid. CBD oil that contains small amounts of THC will not get you high/stoned.

Medical and recreational cannabis are the same thing. Every strain has medical benefits as they all contain cannabinoids. You just choose a strain that works with your condition, as in, high THC, High CBD, 1:1 and so on....
    Last edited by Chew; 29-08-16 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

My advice is try both indica and sativa and find whitch one you are. And smoke to reward yourself after a good days work. Just don't wake n bake unless for medical purposes when quitting the boredom goes after 2 weeks.