Thread: Autopot setup. First time. Some tips and advice needed thanks.

Thanks

Default Autopot setup. First time. Some tips and advice needed thanks.

Hi all.

Right. I have just ordered my equipment and all my set up for my first grow so any advice and tips you want to share with me feel free.

My set up:
    -4 x 15l auto pot system
    -layer of 2" clay pebbles topped with coco.
    -using canna a&ab and have got canna boost to help.
    -will be growing amnesia haze and critical (latter came free)
    -also being sent 3 seeds at random as a gift. All are feminised aswell and will begin germination process in the next week.

Will be ran in a 1.2x1.2x2m grow tent with 600w hps light setup.

The setup will be in my shed, (1" thick treated and insulated wooden structure to house the tent. Also to keep the warmth in the winter months when lights out.

Now for a few questions.

-with the coco is it worth mixing say 70/30 coco and clay pebbles to make the top layer of coco more arieated? (Clay pebbles layer will be at the bottom aswell).

-how long should I veg then flower for?

-when should I introduce the canna boost to the plant?

-any other Adive or tips to increase yield in my plants?

Thanks.

Thanks

you can use perlite instead of clay pebbles at 50 50 or there about, are you using the air domes ?

veg for as little as a week to 3 months as there is no set time scale, about 2 foot is a good size to veg to give or take a bit.
    top them a few times to get them nice n bushy, super crop or even scrog them............ then flower to as long as the the seedbank says, bare in mind that amnesia haze takes about twice as long to flower than critical does

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the jakal For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (01-09-16), redisiel (07-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Tbh, you really should of done more research before starting a multi strain grow using auto pots. Different strains require different ec level & possibly ph levels also..

You can also encounter blockages caused by roots going into the float valves & also the valves jammed which causes the full res to spill onto the floor.. Not saying it will happen but its happened before....

I wouldn't start thinking about yields just yet.... Learn about the system & try getting your room dialled in & everything will eventually fit into place..

I'm taking it you know all about ec & ph + how they work??..

Good luck & Welcome to the forum..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

redisiel (07-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.BARACUS View Post
    Tbh, you really should of done more research before starting a multi strain grow using auto pots. Different strains require different ec level & possibly ph levels also..

You can also encounter blockages caused by roots going into the float valves & also the valves jammed which causes the full res to spill onto the floor.. Not saying it will happen but its happened before....

I wouldn't start thinking about yields just yet.... Learn about the system & try getting your room dialled in & everything will eventually fit into place..

I'm taking it you know all about ec & ph + how they work??..

Good luck & Welcome to the forum..

Don't worry I've done my research, the buds I'm using are mainly just the amnesia, the other came free so I'll be concentrating on the haze seeds more than anything. Saying that though any root off any plant can grow into a tube.

Yeah I no about ec and ph etc, one of the most important things in growing.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakewwfc For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (01-09-16), redisiel (07-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jakewwfc View Post
    Don't worry I've done my research, the buds I'm using are mainly just the amnesia, the other came free so I'll be concentrating on the haze seeds more than anything. Saying that though any root off any plant can grow into a tube.

Yeah I no about ec and ph etc, one of the most important things in growing.
    Good man

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Jakewwfc (01-09-16), redisiel (07-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

You have extraction fan and filter Im guessing?

You will definately need a heater when the lights are off if growing in a shed.
    An oil filled radiator would work well outside the tent.
    A fan speed controller would be helpful too.

All this will help with the inevitable humidity problems you will encounter.

Good luck with your grow dear

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,586 Times

Also I wouldn't be vegging that Amnesia for too long. I flipped my Amnesia at about 18" and they're nearly 6 foot tall now. I topped them twice too and did lots of super cropping.

So make sure you have enough headroom for something that will stretch like fcuk.