Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas lantern grow

Thanks

Default Gas lantern grow

Hey has anyone here tried using the Gas Lantern Routine? If so how did it go? Im thinking of doing it myself to save costs of electricity...

Any advice is good advice...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times

i did it last grow, 1 crit kush + 1 lsd. crit gave me 3 good oz, lsd gave me 2 wispy oz. dont know if the lsd was my fault, bad seed, or the glr that caused it.
    veg was ok, plants stayed more compact which means lower branches get better buds cos theyre closer to light cos of less stretch.
    thing i found odd though, folk say glr vegging causes the plant to flower faster when you switch but mine seemed to stall in flower, think i ended up going over 10 weeks cos the trichs just didn't seem to turn like they normally would.
    only done it the once out of curiosity, and the delayed flowering and the wispy lsd means i wont bother again (maybe i was to blame, im not poo pooing the routine), and to be honest if its for saving money on electric, unless your using 1000s and 1000s of watts, if you do the maths youre only making a meagre saving for a bedroom grow.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    id say give it a try though if you're curious, wont do you any harm!
    Last edited by uparoundthebend; 01-09-16 at 12:00 AM.

The Aspie Toker Guest

I hadn't heard of it, so I googled it. After reading up on it, it's a load of bollocks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Bubonik Chronic (01-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    I hadn't heard of it, so I googled it. After reading up on it, it's a load of bollocks.
    I second that shit

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubonik Chronic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

glr is 13hrs veg daily compared to regular 18. a kwh of electric is about 12p, so for a 1000w bulb using glr youre saving 5 hrs, 5x12p is 60p, just over 4 quid a week on a 1000w bulb...not even 10 fags. so if youre using less than a 1000w bulb ( i use 250w) youre saving a pittance.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (01-09-16)

Bulls Guest

Quote Originally Posted by uparoundthebend View Post
    glr is 13hrs veg daily compared to regular 18. a kwh of electric is about 12p, so for a 1000w bulb using glr youre saving 5 hrs, 5x12p is 60p, just over 4 quid a week on a 1000w bulb...not even 10 fags. so if youre using less than a 1000w bulb ( i use 250w) youre saving a pittance.

Can't beat good math skills!
    should have paid more attention at school!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (01-09-16), uparoundthebend (01-09-16)

Thanks

thats like saying something tastes shit without ever having tasted it.

its an alternative just like topping, pinching, scrogging or any other method you might try.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

M_C (08-09-16), SmallGrow420 (01-09-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by uparoundthebend View Post
    thats like saying something tastes shit without ever having tasted it.

its an alternative just like topping, pinching, scrogging or any other method you might try.

I haven't eaten cow shit, but I know it's not going to taste nice.

I read what other people have done, and what the results were, as well as reading what other experienced growers would do. This was on top of what I thought once I found out exactly what it was.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Quib (01-09-16)

Thanks

I haven't eaten cow shit, but I know it's not going to taste nice.

I read what other people have done, and what the results were, as well as reading what other experienced growers would do. This was on top of what I thought once I found out exactly what it was.
    why would anybody want to eat cow shit? that point makes no sense whatsoever

guess what, when i stumbled across this glr thing, i did exactly what you've just done, googled it, read posts from experienced growers who i could tell knew more than i did, some said yay, some said nay, but then i did something different than you. rather than make an instant public declaration based on someone elses opinion, i waited a few months till id found out for myself.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

feel the luv bruv, and anyway my dog loves rolling in cow shit but I think thats just to piss me off. :-)

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (01-09-16), lostorstolen (02-09-16), uparoundthebend (01-09-16)

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast