Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas lantern grow

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by uparoundthebend View Post
    why would anybody want to eat cow shit? that point makes no sense whatsoever

guess what, when i stumbled across this glr thing, i did exactly what you've just done, googled it, read posts from experienced growers who i could tell knew more than i did, some said yay, some said nay, but then i did something different than you. rather than make an instant public declaration based on someone elses opinion, i waited a few months till id found out for myself.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
    Fine. Do what you want. I won't be wasting my time on it. Common sense comes into it, as does logic. I see none of either in the lantern method.

If it worked, then commercial growers for supermarket fruit would do it. They don't.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Fine. Do what you want. I won't be wasting my time on it. Common sense comes into it, as does logic. I see none of either in the lantern method.

If it worked, then commercial growers for supermarket fruit would do it. They don't.
    seriously its not a waste of time. i was that curious i tried it, poxy 250 hps in my bedroom, i got just over 3 oz kush and just over 2 oz lsd but its a bit wispy. think it was 6 week veg. only thing I didn't like was it took ages to finish, i always give 10 week but im sure they went to 12 or 13 week before i reckoned there was enough amber, i couldn't be arsed waiting any longer. im coming to the end of it now but next grow is nearly ready, you can see kush on left looks better. if you consider it bollocks fair enough, but for the sake of the o.p. it does actually work.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

SmallGrow420 (01-09-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

seriously its not a waste of time. i was that curious i tried it, poxy 250 hps in my bedroom, i got just over 3 oz kush and just over 2 oz lsd but its a bit wispy. think it was 6 week veg. only thing I didn't like was it took ages to finish, i always give 10 week but im sure they went to 12 or 13 week before i reckoned there was enough amber, i couldn't be arsed waiting any longer. im coming to the end of it now but next grow is nearly ready, you can see kush on left looks better. if you consider it bollocks fair enough, but for the sake of the o.p. it does actually work.

How do you know it was because of that, and that alone?

Maybe you've had better results doing it more naturally.

In my first post, I made it clear as to the knowledge of it, and was clear on my reporting. It's up to the reader to make their minds up.

Thanks

How do you know it was because of that, and that alone?

Maybe you've had better results doing it more naturally.

In my first post, I made it clear as to the knowledge of it, and was clear on my reporting. It's up to the reader to make their minds up.
    im not being childish honestly, but how do i know what was because of what and what alone? my heads gone on that one. i possibly could get more doing it naturally im just saying to the guy who started it ye ive tried it, ye it does work, ye mathematically speaking it does save you money but its not worth getting excited about. but to declare it as bollocks would be, strictly speaking, not true. and i cant believe its half one already, ive not even finished my fkin joint yet

The Aspie Toker Guest

im not being childish honestly, but how do i know what was because of what and what alone? my heads gone on that one. i possibly could get more doing it naturally im just saying to the guy who started it ye ive tried it, ye it does work, ye mathematically speaking it does save you money but its not worth getting excited about. but to declare it as bollocks would be, strictly speaking, not true. and i cant believe its half one already, ive not even finished my fkin joint yet

IMO it was bollocks, and I still stand by that.

Don't you think Bud, MC, Jesse, Samwise and untold other growers on this site would be suggesting everyone to do it if it improved yields?

One grow (good or bad) doesn't prove anything either way. I see it as another hippy idea... but if it works for you...

Thanks

IMO it was bollocks, and I still stand by that.

Don't you think Bud, MC, Jesse, Samwise and untold other growers on this site would be suggesting everyone to do it if it improved yields?

One grow (good or bad) doesn't prove anything either way. I see it as another hippy idea... but if it works for you...
    i still can't see how you can stand by an opinion on something you have no experience of, thats a strange one.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

Chew Guest

My current grow was vegged using the GLR. It works 100%. Only drawback is node spacings are huge. Other than that, the plants were fine. In fact, the healthiest I've ever had in veg

Im also using reducing light schedule for flower. They have never seen 12/12

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chew For This Useful Post:

lostorstolen (02-09-16), SmallGrow420 (01-09-16)

Chew Guest

As for saving electric.... If you grow in the cooler months, you'll need to heat the tent for 11hrs per day whilst in veg. So do you really save anything? I would say no.

It's not bollocks though, I've done it, and it works. I know Dexter has also done it with great results too
    Last edited by Chew; 01-09-16 at 09:32 AM.

Chew Guest

Proof is in the pudding

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

I can't see the glr affecting flower time, it's 2 completely seperate things. How would it do this, that is rubbish?
    All in all you said it was a long veg though, I would like to do side by side grows in the veg to see the rate of growth though, that would be interesting, another thing that gets me is, the dif is going to be hard to control and you may get stretch too early on, me personally I like to run my light 24/0 and keep the plants short and stocky with a decent mh veg lamp, as your going to hit stretch in early flower wether you like it or not.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast