Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First vaporiser

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,269 Times

Default First vaporiser

Hello,

I'm in an interesting situation with my desire to not smoke tobacco vs my inevitable want to consume the almighty herb.I need of bit of advice in the Vape department!

So, I started smoking weed again last year, after about a 7 year break, which was essentially brought on by me stopping smoking tobacco and knowing that I'd never kick one without the other. I started smoking around the age of 17, and roughly it went hand in hand with when I first started smoking weed. I never got into bongs, I smoked tobacco, and when I smoked weed I smoked it in joints with tobacco, always.

Anyway, having got the growing bug, naturally I began smoking spliffs again, and for a while it was alright - my control over the nicotine addiction was good. I'd harvest, dry and cure my crop, have a couple of months of blazing it in the evenings, which was great, but I didn't have nicotine cravings in the day. When I'd run out I'd start another grow and take an enforced lay off. I successfully managed this til the start of the year, where it gradually started to creep back in. First it was a cigarette when I woke up. Then I had to have one straight after work. Then it was more through the evening, eventually I had to have one or two on my lunch break, then last month I deduced I was back to smoking over 20 or so a day. And so I stopped again, same method I used first time, patches and lozenges, no spliffs (got a grow on at the moment, about a month to go.) I'm two weeks in, am over the worst, but am worried about when my next harvest is done.

I know full well I'll get hooked on nicotine again if I smoke spliffs, and although I know I can stop again - it takes a bit of effort, and no matter how good your will power or whatever method you use to stop, you always have to go through a horrible point early on before the cravings decline and that process, while surmountable, frankly ain't pleasant to go through.

So, I keep hearing good things about vapes. Last year I made the usual newbie mistake and bought some nasty £30 portable jobbie from Amazon that evidently wasn't a vape but a combustion device. Yes, it was shit!

I know you have to throw some cash at it to get a decent one, but I guess my fear is that I don't have that much disposable income (although as every smoker knows, you always seem to find enough money for cigarettes!) - yes it's hypocritical but I'm worried I'll either buy another shit thing or simply won't like it. I do worry that perhaps it's that combination of weed and tobacco that I enjoy most - that vaping just the weed somehow it won't be the same, and that with a big hole burnt in my wallet from buying a vape, I may well bloody end up back on the fags again anyway!

I've been looking at the vapes I could realistically afford - have to say, the Arizer Extreme Q Vaporizer looks the business in terms of bang for your buck, everyone on here seems to rave about it.

Also like the look of the Flowermate V5.0S Portable Vaporizer - you can get it for half the price of the Arizer if you shop around, so the price is right, and the online reviews also look really promising.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

The solo is good. Flower mate will be better than a £30 combustion number. You get what you pay for I guess

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mazzer For This Useful Post:

nevanayno (04-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,522 Times

hi mate i too was/am on the same journey as you i managed to get of the nicotine by smoking neat weed and still do and vape also . if your after a good cheapish vape my mate got a storm and it was about 60 quid i think and its a great little bit of kit ,i had the plenty then sold it for the crafty as i wanted portability but finding the battery life not to clever on it personaly .
    godd luck with your choice

Thanks

Have you tried an e-pipe, it's not a vaporizor but the cloupor cloutank m4 is a great little device along with the kangertech aerotank mini for your nicotine habit, they look almost the same and use the same battery.
    I have just purchased the grasshopper which was great until it broke. The cloutank m4 is so reliable and the battery lasts got ages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Just ordered the Flowermate as I became convinced by quite a few review vids on Youtube! Am very very excited!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mysticjim For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (03-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mysticjim View Post
    Just ordered the Flowermate as I became convinced by quite a few review vids on Youtube! Am very very excited!
    Just had a read on that, sounds pretty good tbh....

Thanks

Nice one. I'm looking to flowermate as well. Would like to hear review from here before buying

Thanks

Iev been vaping only for the past couple of years. The arizer solo is an absolute joy. I cant recommend it enough although its not very portable with the glass stem. I also have the storm. Its good for the money and stealth but nowhere near the quality of hit you get from the solo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nevanayno View Post
    Iev been vaping only for the past couple of years. The arizer solo is an absolute joy. I cant recommend it enough although its not very portable with the glass stem. I also have the storm. Its good for the money and stealth but nowhere near the quality of hit you get from the solo.
    I love my solo. A friend got the air recently, its basically a slimmed down solo, if my solo ever breraks i'd get the air as its much more stealthy.

The storm is the same tech as the hebe titan which you can buy for about $20. Cheap plastic chinese tat. I wouldn't want to use it regularly personally.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LowHigh5 View Post
    Nice one. I'm looking to flowermate as well. Would like to hear review from here before buying
    Will do mate. Only problem I got - the device is supposed to arrive tomorrow, but unless I acquire some weed by illicit means before, I'm going to have to wait until harvest time (possibly another month, drying/curing, etc) to test it properly. Naturally I'll probably end up doing what I normally do and decimating the small buds off my plant beforehand, so I'm sure I'll get to test it in some capacity soon!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mysticjim For This Useful Post:

LowHigh5 (05-09-16)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast