Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: First vaporiser

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Septon Sefton View Post
    I love my solo. A friend got the air recently, its basically a slimmed down solo, if my solo ever breraks i'd get the air as its much more stealthy.

The storm is the same tech as the hebe titan which you can buy for about $20. Cheap plastic chinese tat. I wouldn't want to use it regularly personally.
    I have a storm. About the only plastic bit is the original mouth piece. The rest is solid metal.

Thanks

Yep the guy who owns vapefiend designed the storm and got a chinese company to make it. Its not a high end vape but it doesnt pretend to be. I use mine for when Im out and about.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nevanayno For This Useful Post:

the brit (05-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,269 Times

One of the things I'd been concerned about was the smoking process vs the vaping process in terms of habitual enjoyment. I know it's tinged with habitual addiction to nicotine, can't escape that fact, but for me the whole process of smoking weed - the routine as it were, consisted of rolling the spliff, then consuming - and taking my time over it - letting the effects nicely roll in. The thing that put me off bongs was the short act of inhaling followed by the very quick effects (for me anyway.) I've seen from the videos of the Flowermate that they're filling up the bowl and most of the time they're hitting the 5 minute power cut off still with herb left to vape. That's going to be good few nice drags, hopefully not with the intensity you have to put into drawing from a bong, but you know, I can chill, have some music going, nice big drag now and again. Just appreciating it. That's the hope!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mysticjim View Post
    One of the things I'd been concerned about was the smoking process vs the vaping process in terms of habitual enjoyment. I know it's tinged with habitual addiction to nicotine, can't escape that fact, but for me the whole process of smoking weed - the routine as it were, consisted of rolling the spliff, then consuming - and taking my time over it - letting the effects nicely roll in. The thing that put me off bongs was the short act of inhaling followed by the very quick effects (for me anyway.) I've seen from the videos of the Flowermate that they're filling up the bowl and most of the time they're hitting the 5 minute power cut off still with herb left to vape. That's going to be good few nice drags, hopefully not with the intensity you have to put into drawing from a bong, but you know, I can chill, have some music going, nice big drag now and again. Just appreciating it. That's the hope!
    Im similar in that I enjoy getting stoned much more than being stoned, if that makes sense. Hitting bongs is too quick and I didnt get to ENJOY and savour it like a spliff. Thats why I love the arizer solo. The stem size and draw resistance for me was similar to a spliff.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nevanayno View Post
    Yep the guy who owns vapefiend designed the storm and got a chinese company to make it. Its not a high end vape but it doesnt pretend to be. I use mine for when Im out and about.
    Its the exact same tech as the hebe titan, xmax v2 etc. Anyone can get in touch with that company and have a rebadged version of those vapes made.

The hebe titan 2 is avaiable for less than $20, they are putting those vapes together for around $5 each imo.

Its your health, if you are comfortable with that fair enough.

Thanks

Its the exact same tech as the hebe titan, xmax v2 etc. Anyone can get in touch with that company and have a rebadged version of those vapes made.

The hebe titan 2 is avaiable for less than $20, they are putting those vapes together for around $5 each imo.

Its your health, if you are comfortable with that fair enough.
    I dont know much of the vapes you mention, but if they are just rebadged versions of the storm (not just bad copies) then they are great value for money.
    The storm may not be the best vape, but what it does have is isolated air pathways unlike other cheap vapes.
    So the issue with the storm is the not health issues but more the quality of vapour.

Thanks

I dont know much of the vapes you mention, but if they are just rebadged versions of the storm (not just bad copies) then they are great value for money.
    The storm may not be the best vape, but what it does have is isolated air pathways unlike other cheap vapes.
    So the issue with the storm is the not health issues but more the quality of vapour.
    The hebe titan came first so they are all rebadged hebe tians in my eyes.

We seem to have come to radically different conclusions on this vape. Each to his own and all that.

Thanks

The hebe titan came first so they are all rebadged hebe tians in my eyes.

We seem to have come to radically different conclusions on this vape. Each to his own and all that.
    Except the storm has lots of improvements on the others, such as the seperate air pathway which is what the designer wanted to implement to avoid contamination. IF you think the storm will have health repercussions like the other Chinese vapes then yes our conclusions are radically different.

Thanks

From what I remember they are made by the same company, use the same chamber thats in dozens of vapes but thats about it the rest is bespoke.

No way you could do the machining for $5 even in China.

I was in touch with Chinese factories about something a few years ago. You get get an item for $5 I could get a similar item that looked the same to the untrained eye for $10 . But the quality would be worlds apart.

If you look at the Guitar world some of the big name stuff made in China or India is made in the same factory as the cheap and nasty own brand stuff. To the untrained eye a red strat type guitar is a red strat type guitar. But one at £800 is gonna be a lot better than the £150 job from Argos. But they are the same shape and came from the same factory.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ManiacalCrab For This Useful Post:

nevanayno (06-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wenge View Post
    If you look at the Guitar world some of the big name stuff made in China or India is made in the same factory as the cheap and nasty own brand stuff. To the untrained eye a red strat type guitar is a red strat type guitar. But one at £800 is gonna be a lot better than the £150 job from Argos. But they are the same shape and came from the same factory.
    Believe it or not im into guitars too, my opinion of cheap chinese guitars is exactly the same as my opinions of cheap chinese vapes. and i dont inhale vapour through my guitars.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast