Thread: Would this feeding routine be good?

Thanks

Default Would this feeding routine be good?

Just need some advice on how best to feed my plants.

I am thinking to get biobizz all mix, then feed them with water once a day everyday at the same sort of time everyday as I will not be with these babies all day only have an hour of opportunity to tend to them.

I have done a lot of reading and realise I dont have to bother PH'ing the water but would I need to use a filter for this water? and what temperature would I need to get this water? just room temperature?

Finally i live in an area with hard water at roughly 250 ppm would this be an issue here?

I dont need any nutes at all throughout this grow either do i? Shall I also mix in some molasses with the water daily with the correct dilution of a teaspoon per gallon.

Thanks for any advice on this one greatly appreciated

Dr-Chronic Guest

Allmix is heavily fertilised soil which can give your plants an overdose on N especially in there early days want to be careful with this though you can bounce them back by giving them only water it is known to affect the yield, the one thing you dont want to be doing is watering everyday my friend, Give your soil a good watering a day or two before you plan to pop your seed in / cut in, its been a while and cant 100% remember why its to do with ph and to make the organisms within the soil time to become active i think....

i doubt your high ppm water will be and issue mate, theres feeds specifically designed for hard water (HW) and feeds specifically for Soft Water (SW), your correct you dont have to ph with soil, a good soil will be able to buffer its self, the water you want to leave for 24-48 hours to allow chlorine etc to evaporate and then add your feed - bottle of plant magic is all you need mate wont do any harm to throw some molasses in there either and a drop of bio silicone but you can grow perfect bud with just plant magic but you must buy a grow and bloom grow for veg bloom for flower, after abit of reading, cannabis seems to be a chlorine sensitive plant, anyway the reason you dont want to water everyday is because you could run the risk of over watering your plant, and cause yourself to have root rot which is a ball ache to recover from and your plant will be susceptible to diseases and pests, over watering in soil can also cause you to have fungus gnats there like little flys but destroy your root mass by laying laravae and eggs and they multiply loads, the reason you want to water when your plants need it - looking underwatered or pot feels light is to prevent root rot, creepy crawlie /flying nasties and so in veg which is especially important to build a nice healthy root mass as your roots search out for water this is why its important to allow wet / dry cycles when it comes to feed, your roots need to be able to breathe and each time you water the little bubbles in the water give oxygen to the roots if your using a smaller pot = more watering bigger pot = less frequent watering

you do need nutrients mate, at different points and times throughout the plants life they will require different levels of npk for veg and flower

hope ive been able to help

soil wise

id go for plant magic myself, but people go for bnq verve / seeds and sow / biobizz light mix and loads of people have cracking results

its down to you and your pocket in the end of it all fella
    Last edited by Dr-Chronic; 03-09-16 at 11:13 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (04-09-16), Northern (05-09-16)

Thanks

thanks for your help,

So the biobizz light mix from start to finish and water every other day based mainly on the judgement - i.e. weight of pot and the visual signs of over dryness.

Would you say thats correct?

An old timer says I wont need any nutes as the soil has everything the plant needs - just a matter of watering.

Do i water the pot until I see the water flood the top of the soil then soak down - if that makes any sense? or would that be over kill.

Would it be good to get an empty pot and fill that up, then fill up the plant which is in the same sized pot? or is it just gestimate every time?

Sorry for the questions mate but what nutes would i need?

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Charliepotatoe View Post
    thanks for your help,

So the biobizz light mix from start to finish and water every other day based mainly on the judgement - i.e. weight of pot and the visual signs of over dryness.

Would you say thats correct?

An old timer says I wont need any nutes as the soil has everything the plant needs - just a matter of watering.

Do i water the pot until I see the water flood the top of the soil then soak down - if that makes any sense? or would that be over kill.

Would it be good to get an empty pot and fill that up, then fill up the plant which is in the same sized pot? or is it just gestimate every time?

Sorry for the questions mate but what nutes would i need?

all depends mate, when your pots light then water, thats no true the soil has everything you need in it at the start but not through a whole cycle start to finish theyd starve to death, theres usually enough for 2-4 weeks and then you have to supplement it by either up potting into a bigger pot as your roots can get bound (entwined in the pot) and need moving into a bigger pot with fresh soil, or supplement it with a feed which has the right balances to make her happy again

you want a a decent run off out the bottom of your pots to prevent toxic salt build up not to much as to over water but youll get a feel for it pal, but sparingly water at the start you dont want to drown the little baby theres a great guide ERBURT did mate works flawlessly every time,

people either plant directly into say 11-18l pot or up the pots so some may start with a 1l pot and work to a 3l pot and then to a 5l pot then 11l and so on allowing them roots to grow bigger and bigger - healthy big root mass = healthy yield and a happy plant, nutes is upto you as your a novice id say a 1 part nutrient takes a while to get your head around imho, if your pots root bound they cant grow anymore in that size pot and your plant will start looking sad and sorry for its self, so you would have to up pot into a bigger sized pot to allow them roots to search out and grow again, you always up pot with fresh soil and dont feed until they start to pale up water only then when they pale up become a lighter green / yellow then theyve used up everything in soil and then its time to use bottle feed

hope that makes sense pal

Dr-Chronic

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (04-09-16)

Thanks

yea sorry mate I forgot to mention.

im starting these off in 3" stewart plant pots that does have holes in the bottom then up to 6" and finally 10" as they grow. using light mix now as you suggested. I have trays underneath as well... do I aim for watering the pot until i see some drain off then stop?

Each time they are replanted i was planning on new soil obviously with a bit of molasses and mykos.

And watering when they get dry.

so you reckkon im on to a winner? no need for old timers grow and bloom business etc..?

what signs do I look for when they need re-potting? I didnt want to wait until the stress signs as this just delays the overall time frame from planting to harvest.

Thanks buddy your the man for taking the time in replying and i hope others in the same predicament can read this and be helped by it.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (04-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

You will want rhizotonic for roots,bio silicon for healthy strong plants,old timers grow and bloom
    And molasses.

Plants seeds like in the link an read through that diary to familiarise yourself with wot to do and roughly
    How much to use of each nute and water.change according to your pot size.

Start seeds with a good water in the pot,after that very minimal water 50ml or so for a few waters
    Then slowly up it.re pot a day or two after you see roots at the bottom of the pot.
    How many times Re potting depends on your space your growing in.
    Defiantly use light mix and wait for plants to pale before you repot and again in final pot before you
    Feed them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post: