Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ordered a tent any tips?

Thanks

Default ordered a tent any tips?

Very low budget, I have ordered an £80 tent, comes with 125W CFL , grow medium coco, but I plan on using my canna soil perlite mix anyway, and comes with a grow bag , I have a fan that I already own, could I keep the grow tent open and the fan Infront of it, only thing missing is an extractor fan / filter but I suppose I could buy one a week after ? Any tips this is BASIC but surely it will do better than my uk weather autos I planted this August in green house...lol, any advice guys its a 40x40x140 tent , also the cfl plugs into socket so I don't have any ballast too fiddle with it anything , I'm not looking for monster yields ect ect, all I wanna know is...will this provide me enough for price to be able to germinate a seed and take it to harvest and have a decent smoke at the end ?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cleantastybudling For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-09-16), redisiel (04-09-16), Skunky n funky (04-09-16)

Dr-Chronic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cleantastybudling View Post
    Very low budget, I have ordered an £80 tent, comes with 125W CFL , grow medium coco, but I plan on using my canna soil perlite mix anyway, and comes with a grow bag , I have a fan that I already own, could I keep the grow tent open and the fan Infront of it, only thing missing is an extractor fan / filter but I suppose I could buy one a week after ? Any tips this is BASIC but surely it will do better than my uk weather autos I planted this August in green house...lol, any advice guys its a 40x40x140 tent , also the cfl plugs into socket so I don't have any ballast too fiddle with it anything , I'm not looking for monster yields ect ect, all I wanna know is...will this provide me enough for price to be able to germinate a seed and take it to harvest and have a decent smoke at the end ?
    Hi there mate, Id upgrade your light to hps or led if i was you, the light spectrum of a 125w compact fluroescent isnt very good, so your yield will be diminished but you could be growing it for 2 months and still wont be a decent size, i wouldnt leave your tent open due to the smell escaping mate, marijuana stinks to high heaven and it will give you away, think security mate, the first thing i bought was my fan and filter, i know you said you dont mind on quantity, but for the extra few pence will go so much further it terms of yield, and your time worth while also, you can get a decent smoke mate, loads of decent folk around here to give a helping hand

i know your on a low budget but if you can stretch a extra £50 youll definatly pick up a hps somewhere even a 250w

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr-Chronic For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-09-16), redisiel (04-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,496 Times

I'd invest in a hps aswell as filter bro filter being the most important, CFL will get you started then get the hps going a few weeks in

Up the irons

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 34,377 Times

get some duct tape , you may find when you slap it together n slap the light in there. close it up, hope not but it may be like a bastard xmas tree, tiny like pin holes everywhere. my first tent was bargain basement cheap. the bastard went right back..

fingers crossed you will be ok and you get a NOT friday night made bastard ..

buy cheap=buy twice

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oxy For This Useful Post:

BritishBotanics (04-09-16), GEORGE (04-09-16), kbag (04-09-16), redisiel (04-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr-Chronic View Post
    Hi there mate, Id upgrade your light to hps or led if i was you, the light spectrum of a 125w compact fluroescent isnt very good, so your yield will be diminished but you could be growing it for 2 months and still wont be a decent size, i wouldnt leave your tent open due to the smell escaping mate, marijuana stinks to high heaven and it will give you away, think security mate, the first thing i bought was my fan and filter, i know you said you dont mind on quantity, but for the extra few pence will go so much further it terms of yield, and your time worth while also, you can get a decent smoke mate, loads of decent folk around here to give a helping hand

i know your on a low budget but if you can stretch a extra £50 youll definatly pick up a hps somewhere even a 250w
    Does a HPS waste much electricity compared to CFL?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmallGrow420 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks lads it's all I can offord I literly cant afford anything else , I do have a 400w hps but that will be far to much light in such a small tent!!! Already ordered it now took sake dayum, ill give it a shot I've seen 125cfl grows and they look okay

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cleantastybudling For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-09-16), redisiel (04-09-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Quote Originally Posted by SmallGrow420 View Post
    Does a HPS waste much electricity compared to CFL?
    A 250w CFL uses the same energy as a 250w HPS but the HPS produces more light with better penetration than the CFL
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (04-09-16), cleantastybudling (04-09-16), GEORGE (04-09-16), redisiel (04-09-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Cool

Go over to fleabay and check out this 300W Wellpar LED. Only $64.00 bucks. Two to three weeks you'll have plants looking like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	052.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	331485   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	056.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	331486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	013.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	331487  

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

redisiel (04-09-16), Skunky n funky (05-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Black orchid ones arnt all that bad for ebay tents

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
    get some duct tape , you may find when you slap it together n slap the light in there. close it up, hope not but it may be like a bastard xmas tree, tiny like pin holes everywhere. my first tent was bargain basement cheap. the bastard went right back..

fingers crossed you will be ok and you get a NOT friday night made bastard ..

buy cheap=buy twice
    Agree with you there fella I bought an 80 x 80 for about 40 quid I think. It's zip has pushed though the stiching and the pin holes with a 250w hps are just annoying.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast