Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Connecting to bathroom extractor pipe.

Thanks

Default Connecting to bathroom extractor pipe.

Hi guys Im thinking of moving my groom into the loft. The extraction pipe duct from the bathroom below passes through the loft space and out through the roof. Im thinking of cutting into this ducting and connecting my groom extraction to it.
    I could tee into it but I was thinking of letting the bathroom air blow into the loft and just using the old extractor pipe for extraction.
    Has anybody on here done this with there groom?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Tee into the bathroom duct, the wait air from the groom will rise. The air from the bathroom will likely be very humid & possibly smelly 😐.

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (06-09-16), nevanayno (05-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Tee into the bathroom duct, the wait air from the groom will rise. The air from the bathroom will likely be very humid & possibly smelly ��.
    My only worry with using a tee is that even if I use a swept Tee I think the groom extractor will likely blow into my bathroom as well.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Quote Originally Posted by nevanayno View Post
    My only worry with using a tee is that even if I use a swept Tee I think the groom extractor will likely blow into my bathroom as well.
    If you put the tee joint in near the exit of the duct, you should be fine. You can always remove it & opt for a vent tile on the roof if it flows back to the bathroom.
    I found a website that does vent tiles for £10-15

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

nevanayno (06-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Also you will probly get mould in the loft if you let the bathroom air go up thier.
    An you don't want that where your growing.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

nevanayno (06-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    If you put the tee joint in near the exit of the duct, you should be fine. You can always remove it & opt for a vent tile on the roof if it flows back to the bathroom.
    I found a website that does vent tiles for £10-15
    Ah the loft is kind of converted and already plastered etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ERBURT View Post
    Also you will probly get mould in the loft if you let the bathroom air go up thier.
    An you don't want that where your growing.
    I thought about that but just figured if it became a problem I could just switch off and block the bathroom extractor.
    My main worry is I dont want to cut into the extractor pipe and the extractor terminal on the roof become loose and fall off or leak water in.

Thanks

im looking to do this but to also connect my in take so air comes up from my bathroom. not sure if this is wise or rather silly. also will big clouds of steam come out of my roof from the exhaust in the cold air.

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lewi View Post
    im looking to do this but to also connect my in take so air comes up from my bathroom. not sure if this is wise or rather silly. also will big clouds of steam come out of my roof from the exhaust in the cold air.
    What will happen if you have visitors come round and want to use the bathroom?

Thanks

how much of a pull would it be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast