Thread: The effect of the cold in the loft

Thanks

Default The effect of the cold in the loft

Imagine I was growing over the winter in a tent in my loft. It gets pretty damn cold up there over the winter, and although I expect the tent to be a micro climate and warmed by lights for either 6 or 12 hours a day, would the cold harm the plants or reduce the yield?
    Also how important is soil temperature compared to air temperature?

Thanks
    Bethell

Viz Guest

Hello mate, you want to have as controlled and stable an environment as possible to maximise your output. Cold is not good for your plants. Simply introduce a oil heater, ideally with a thermostat into your groom and all sorted.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

So far my tent is handling the temps very well. Had a fee cold days where the loft was - 1 however my tent stayed level.

I have purple strains and supposedly a cold snap helps them turn purple so this is something I want for my plants.

COCO - SHOGUN NUTES - 600W HPS - SHIT AT GROWING