Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: i think i'm allerigic to sativa

Thanks

Default i think i'm allerigic to sativa

new here and this is my first post.

after a 4 of years of heavy weed smoking (stoned all day and everyday, except if i was at work), i'd recently given up for 6 months. after giving up, all the negative effects of hardcore daily abuse gradually and completely went away like i'd never put a spliff toward my lips. for example, looking and feeling like absolute shite

i've always smoked and weed has never been a problem until i started buying skunk from the locals in my area. nowadays in general all you can buy is the same uk cheese, lemon, you know the typical strains

ok, so i stopped being lazy, fired up my equipment and i told myself i'd only smoke what i grow. so the last harvest was a nice bit of wappa. indica dominant i believe. nice body buzz, good sleeping aid and generally a nice smoke. having started up smoking again i'm only smoking on weekends. everything is nice, i've got my smoking habit under control and i don't feel or look like shit

so, the wappa is all finished (also gave quite a bit of it away) and i've now got a new bun in the oven... some opium, which is a 50/50 hybrid. so friday i pick a fat bud or two dry it out in the microwave and get down to some weekend smoking. you know how it goes

...fuck me it's strong. no body high, and all cerebral. definitely sativa dominant like what i was buying from the dealers. buzz was nice but i could feel that slight shitty feeling, and felt a bit wrecked the next morning. so from sunday my skin is all moist and clammy. monday kicks in and i'm sweating buckets. and today at work i'm sitting in a meeting and proper sweating like i'm doing a detox. i'm thinking the wappa didn't do this to me. it must be the sativa strain

do any of you guys have similar experiences. are there strains that just dont agree with you? i used to think i was a sativa guy but now i know i'm for the indica. the indica buzz reminds me of the old days when a bag cost 10 quid. when it was commercial weed, a nice high. sativa just feels aggressive

i dunno... maybe it's nothing to do with the strain and i just need to cut down way more to one weekend session every month. i kind of feel that the thc molecules accumulate in my body fat, which after time makes me sweat like crazy and generally makes me feel like shit

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to federali For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-09-16), uparoundthebend (07-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,352 Times

funny you should say that sweating at work thing cos i must admit ive been experiencing that lately. started my current job 3yrs ago and at first i wasn't smoking that much through the week for fear of being red eyed at work ( boss is ex army man, looks you hard in the eye when talking) but recently ive started vaping and the odd joint, usually Thursday nights, and on Fridays im a sweaty wretch at work, dont remember it happening years ago, ive wondered if it's down to age. or subconscious nerves or something.
    im an indica man myself, fuck that high shit, i wanna be low and monged out. you can still get 10 quid bags round here, just theres fuck all in em, down to .7 now, id stop smoking it before ever going back to buying.

ashes and diamonds, foe and friend, we were all equal in the end

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (06-09-16), GEORGE (07-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

Love Sativas. I've no desire to turn myself into a quiet, unsociable, sedated vegetable. As somebody who has a lot of depression, Indica strains are the equivalent to drinking on a downer to me. Sativa's keep me funtional and in a good place. We love each other.

Indica makes a good bedtime joint for me and helps if I'm having some anxiety which is why I'm growing a Indica dom hybrid with my sour d. Handy to have a bit of both when medicating.
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (07-09-16), GEORGE (07-09-16), Northern (07-09-16), uparoundthebend (07-09-16)

Quote Originally Posted by uparoundthebend View Post
    funny you should say that sweating at work thing cos i must admit ive been experiencing that lately.
    Sure it's not the weather, it has been hot lately!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jericho For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    ^^^^^
    This ...^^^^

I have recently chopped some opium by Paradise seeds and did not realy rate it and i like a 50/50 cross mostly and mine was a sativa pheno i belive..
    Saying that i think i like the indica types more..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy roken For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Could be multiple things one would be the hot weather and another would be mild anxiety (hot flushes)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

Speed drying in the microwave wouldn't have done much for your buds or the potential of your high IMO. Even buds that were dried properly still need at least a months curing time before they're at their best for high & flavour.

That said, once you've cured it, it may be even worse for you as it'll be stronger - but at least you'll know

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    haha ye i walked into that one!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

jericho (07-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyB View Post
    Love Sativas. I've no desire to turn myself into a quiet, unsociable, sedated vegetable. As somebody who has a lot of depression, Indica strains are the equivalent to drinking on a downer to me. Sativa's keep me funtional and in a good place. We love each other.

Indica makes a good bedtime joint for me and helps if I'm having some anxiety which is why I'm growing a Indica dom hybrid with my sour d. Handy to have a bit of both when medicating.
    getting stoned for me is my escape after the days work is done, teas have been made, housework done etc., then i can relax and forget the world for a few hours and get whacked. im not against sativa highs, i like a good trippy laughing session if theres a few of us playing cards for instance but overall I prefer the 'escape' you get from a good strong indica.

good indica together with good music...you can't beat it!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to uparoundthebend For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (07-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,526 Times

Im allergic to lots of stuff..work...idiots...fitness....curry....thinkin g about anything the usual ones really. I dont understant my mrs though? Since having the kids shes allergic to me!!!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ye Old Pioneer For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (07-09-16), uparoundthebend (07-09-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast