Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New to growing, few questions on this DWC system.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Do you have a friend or family member you can trust, I'm sure your mums got green fingers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

I've thought about a friend, I trust all my friends on loyalty and honestly but can't say I trust them to babysit hahaha. Why I like the auto set ups, take me asking anybody to stop by, or me having to worry about if they care about the plants the way I would. Damn, why can't I train my dogs, swear those furry bastards have the best life haha.

Thanks

The only person I trust to my standards is my wife, and she works and travels with me

Thanks

Hmmmmm electric small like A TV winch or similar with a timer for raising lights. Figure what your plants grow a day, set your timer. Raise a 1/4 to 1/2 higher to avoid led burn? Idk what do you guys think?

Thanks

Unless you got tons of money to fully automate your garden there is no Ronco "set it and forget it garden". You or some will have to tend to it regardless of what method you choose. Again you researching and saying you want the best bud, the best yeild, best, best. Look for the easiest bud, easiest yeild, easiest, easiest. You say you have zero garden exerpience let alone cannabis. A simple mistake can set you back to square one. Thats 1, 2, 3 weeks, months lost. If you feel confident hitting the ground running by all means. When you make a mistake garden you can't just quickly bounce back, the plant will forever feel the repercussions. I'm not trying to be rude and tell you your business but it sounds like you want to do an advanced grow will barely attending to the garden and having some one you know attend to it when you know nothing about gardening. Sounds kinda ridiculous too me. You have extremely high and unrealistic goals. Again I am not trying to be rude. I'm surprised some more seasoned members aren't piping up and steering you in another direction. I really hope it works for you but I think you're going down the wrong path.
    Last edited by Joe Dirt; 09-09-16 at 06:40 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joe Dirt For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (13-09-16), British green (10-09-16), Happy roken (20-09-16), NemoQQ (20-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Dirt View Post
    Unless you got tons of money to fully automate your garden there is no Ronco "set it and forget it garden". You or some will have to tend to it regardless of what method you choose. Again you researching and saying you want the best bud, the best yeild, best, best. Look for the easiest bud, easiest yeild, easiest, easiest. You say you have zero garden exerpience let alone cannabis. A simple mistake can set you back to square one. Thats 1, 2, 3 weeks, months lost. If you feel confident hitting the ground running by all means. When you make a mistake garden you can't just quickly bounce back, the plant will forever feel the repercussions. I'm not trying to be rude and tell you your business but it sounds like you want to do an advanced grow will barely attending to the garden and having some one you know attend to it when you know nothing about gardening. Sounds kinda ridiculous too me. You have extremely high and unrealistic goals. Again I am not trying to be rude. I'm surprised some more seasoned members aren't piping up and steering you in another direction. I really hope it works for you but I think you're going down the wrong path.
    Thanks, not being rude. Dude, you can literally build anything. Let me say the same, I'm not trying to be rude either. I make miracles happen everyday when people state "it can't be done" this pushed me to do it even more.
    With the Internet and forums, a person with good motor skills and the abilirubin to learn, can do anything they set their mind to. Hell I bet you could build a rocket to go the moon if you had the funds.

You are 100 % right, I do want the best. I work hard and push myself to get the things I want. Ridiculous to some is understandable, however I personally work hard to play hard. I work so I can enjoy the "best" of life. Everything takes work. No where did I state set it, and forget about it. This is just a system for a traveling person. Sure I could start and growe easy as everybody else, but why when I can set myself up for the "best"? To me people having the option and not using it doesn't make sense haha I can understand where your coming from. Seems like I could be setting myself up for failure, but I'm not "lazy" I'm well known for overkill

Again, thanks really not trying to argue or be a pain. Just opinions and pointers

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeLover For This Useful Post:

Joe Dirt (09-09-16)

Thanks

Gosh I hate auto correct lol. See where auto can get you in trouble! Making up words I don't even know! Sorry typing on this phone is difficult sometimes.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Soil would be the best bet but you still need to be able to Taylor feeds week by week.
    So your asking the impossible to be honest.

Any auto dripping system other than going into soil needs ph testing before going in
    As it will change even just sitting there and it only takes a point to be out and you will
    Have a deficiency and you not there to correct it will end in disaster.same for feeding ec.

Outdoor would probably be your best bet if you can and conditions are right.if not you need
    Someone to help you.but that's a lot of trust and understanding to go with it.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

TreeLover (09-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ERBURT View Post
    Soil would be the best bet but you still need to be able to Taylor feeds week by week.
    So your asking the impossible to be honest.

Any auto dripping system other than going into soil needs ph testing before going in
    As it will change even just sitting there and it only takes a point to be out and you will
    Have a deficiency and you not there to correct it will end in disaster.same for feeding ec.

Outdoor would probably be your best bet if you can and conditions are right.if not you need
    Someone to help you.but that's a lot of trust and understanding to go with it.
    Thanks for the reply! The ph the royal, again if it's auto can't it adjust it in the resivour?

Let me rephrase this post as I believe I'm miss leading some.
    What ever day I'm home, trust me time will be spent updating, maintenance ect. How ever there will be periods where I will be gone, anywhere from 2 days to 7 mostly. Rarely a month. If I'm gone for a month, I probably would not actually start a grow knowing I'll be leaving that long for that period.

I'm a maintenance kinda guy, I like things done right! However I find it hard to believe, that because I work away from home some days, I will be unable to produce a system with quality results. A new phone takes getting use too, and technology really. Sure I'll have to tinker with auto settings, and I'll have problems and obstacles, that's the name of the game.

Plants grow everyday, without the act of a person being there to babysit their needs 24/7! Sure you will get better results being home. But mother nature doesn't do a lot of the things that are being mentioned for why I can't do this system as a travel!
    Goal, grow best plants and the healthiest I can, when I'm home I'll probably be more anal than most growers but I mainly just want to catch people's ideas and pros cons to my situation. To say it can't be done, I belive is foolish
    Thanks

Thanks

1. Yes they make devices that will maintain your resevoir ph adding down or up automatically as needed. I assume it quite pricey.

2.- I don't know anything about auto flower. They run with 24/7 or 18/6 light
    - it will grow dwc, soil, hydro, aqua, etc just depends on the gardener and the seeds.
    3.no idea about leds or that light but should be ok, guys ae growing under cfl getting nice results.
    4.whatever makes it easier to do maintenance. You will want to get the old water out amd new water in every week. So whatever makes that easier. Like you said you can attend to each plant individually if it has a problem in alone.
    5i have never done it before but yes if done properly can produce bigger fuller plants than soil.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast