Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brown dry dying buds - please help...

Thanks

Default Brown dry dying buds - please help...

I am starting week 9 flowering 5 Big Bang females. I've some buds which had tops which were developed properly but then turned brown and dry. There are patches of this on other buds as well, I'm not sure if it's getting worse or not. I've cut off the two head tops which were totally brown and they were stickey as hell. I smoked them and they were not too bad but not great either.

My humidity hasn't droped below 30% and I've now hung a soaking towel in the room above the canopy. Temps don't go higher than 90F and I use a cool tube 400W sodium extraction system. The brown dry buds aren't on plants side by side nor are they on the ones closest to the tube. I grow in soil with vermiculite and use Bio Bizz organic recomended amounts measured with a syringe. Should I cut them down to prevent this condition spreading or is it now ok to leave them for the final week? I really can't afford to lose my wee crop.

Thanks

Could be a couple of reasons and causes.
    Pics would help a great deal matey.

I wouldn't advise chopping anything untill we've gotten some pics and can then advise better as to what it is and what course of action to take.

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

Thanks

Here are a couple of pictures. note the smaller head is one I removed as it was totally brown. Inside its quite green and realyl sticky, I've not tried it yet. As you can see in the other photo the brown patch is not at the top of the bud. Other buds have larger spots and a few look totally fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC10269b.JPG 
Views:	393 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	6281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC10274b.JPG 
Views:	177 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	6282  

Thanks

Unhappy

Here is another odd picture of my problem. This is one which had the totally brown top. I cut it off - picture in the above post. This shows the rest of the head. Of all the plants this is the one which gets the least direct light and heat and has the most fresh air blowing over it.

Looking at these makes me as depressed as f**k, whats gone wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDC10272b.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	6283  

FZjb Guest

if that last 1 gets the most wind, and its the worst, how about wind burn, i had it on a few leafs that were in a strong bit of wind current. went crispy and dry in no time.

shame tho mate. i feel for ya.

nooby_dr_green_thumb Guest

looks like bud rot

Thanks

Yeah man looks like rot to me too - take the towel out!

nooby_dr_green_thumb Guest

low humidity for flower mate
    putting a wet towel in makes it rise
    bowls of rice and salt makes it lower i think
    but looks like bud rot and if it is dont smoke it and cut it off it will spread
    carnt tell properly from those photos but to me looks bud rot
    Last edited by nooby_dr_green_thumb; 29-09-09 at 04:51 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

it's bud rot, exact same happened to me on my first grow. i think it was from condensation building up during the dark period and dripping onto the buds. it didn't spread once i cut the effected areas off. i didn't usually have problems with high humidity either... you say it didn't go below 30, how high was it getting?

Thanks

Temps are between 60 and 93 F. Is it caused by too much humidity? Everything I've read says to keep humidity high. There is no condensation in the room. The air at the bottom is quite cold and is blown up by having two 22cm case fans resting on top of the pots, they run off a DV adaptor set to 9v.

I was told if I left a bowl of water in the room it would prevent them drying out too much between waterings.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast