Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it time to harvest indoor grow?

Thanks

Default Is it time to harvest indoor grow?

I'm wondering if it's time harvest. I'd like to because i've noticed the presence of spider mites on some leaves (which I've been cutting and disposing of). The tricomes are starting to brown, but I'd like some expert advice on it before harvesting.

there's two plant pics here. one is a taller plant and the other is some tiny plant (a free seed called 'Lemon')

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0592.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	332371

Name:	IMG_0594.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	332372

thanks for the help!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hanuman99 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (21-09-16), redisiel (25-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

do you have a loupe mate to check the colour of your tricomes? and when you say the tricomes are browning i assume you mean pistils bro?
    as for removing leaves for spider mites you would be better to kill the fookers with some Pyrethrum 5EC

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...4046-Trichomes
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Harvest-Guide

oh and welcome to the forum, feel free to swing by here https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...oduce-Yourself
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 21-09-16 at 03:30 PM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (21-09-16), Dutchcourage (21-09-16), hanuman99 (21-09-16), jericho (21-09-16), redisiel (25-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

What viz said fella

Name:	harvest.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	332373

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

redisiel (25-09-16)

Thanks

thanks! you're right! I meant the brown pistils - basically what you can see in the photo.

I was spraying tea tree oil and water on the leaves but that seemed to do little. Pyrethrum won't affect the buds?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hanuman99 For This Useful Post:

redisiel (25-09-16)

Thanks

pistils wont tell you when your plant is ready mate. thats why we check the trichomes to see when we are ready. get your self a 60x loupe off ebay cheap as chips. or a usb microscope they also cheap off there. bang few pics up and we can tell you.
    mites usually under the leaves so you might be ok long as you are careful. could always get some lady bugs they lurrvvvv some spider mites

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

hanuman99 (21-09-16), redisiel (25-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    pistils wont tell you when your plant is ready mate. thats why we check the trichomes to see when we are ready. get your self a 60x loupe off ebay cheap as chips. or a usb microscope they also cheap off there. bang few pics up and we can tell you.
    mites usually under the leaves so you might be ok long as you are careful. could always get some lady bugs they lurrvvvv some spider mites
    ok, i'll have do that. the plants sprouted on May 20th and went on a 12/12 light schedule after 10 weeks of vegetative growth. They're taking a while I thought.
    thanks again!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hanuman99 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (21-09-16), redisiel (25-09-16)

Viz Guest

Hi - that is a very long time indeed. Could you remind me what lights you are using for this grow?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (21-09-16), redisiel (25-09-16)

Thanks

Find out how long you have to go till chop bro, The mites need sorting or they will breed and suck the life out your plants. If you haven't got long left you may be able to manage it by pulling off affected leaves, spraying them off underneath with water or organic spays and just manage them. But if your growing indoors, you will need to treat the enviroment, they grow in cycles so even after you think they have gone you need to retreat, preferably with something else so than the original spray. If you have a couple of weeks left the Pye 5Ec should degrade down and be non harmful. You can always wear gloves and a mask and protect your buds whilst your spraying each leaf. Dont kow if you smoke, but I read somewhere that you can fumigate your G.room with tobacco.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

redisiel (25-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hanuman99 View Post
    ok, i'll have do that. the plants sprouted on May 20th and went on a 12/12 light schedule after 10 weeks of vegetative growth. They're taking a while I thought.
    thanks again!
    if only you found this great forum at the beginning of your grow bro, them buds be fat now. we might still be able to sort it mate depending on the colour of these trichs

18. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

redisiel (25-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hanuman99 View Post
    thanks again!
    so 10 weeks veg, 10-14 days to flower from flip, puts you around 6-7 weeks in flower?? Is that right chap?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

redisiel (25-09-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast