Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Some questions about veg lights and leds

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    You will probably be happier with more lights to allow for various height plants. That 300 is said to be equivalent to a 400 hid, based on that you should stick with scog and use two 300's with a final height in flower of about 16" would probably give you decent coverage. As far as veg goes any LED that pulls a 100 watts from the wall will outperform other veg lights off the same watts.
    Perfect, thanks! Id rather be on the almost too much light than the danm, wish I would have just done it right the first time. A buddy came and saw my grow room and told me I wont have the space. I really want to prove him wrong and fill those screens! Right now I have the p300 at 40 inches as they are just popping.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TreeLover For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-09-16), M_C (27-09-16)

Thanks

Would putting advanced LEDs 600 under each plant be too much light? So basically have the two 600s in the flower room and my p300 in veg room.
    Thanks

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TreeLover For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,730 Times

No I think it would be better if you have the money, the ventilation etc.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-09-16), M_C (27-09-16), TreeLover (27-09-16)

Viz Guest

I can not comment on LED besides the propogation side of things using a TLED26. But I can speak about odour managment, AKA carbon filters and ventilation. Mate that is the singularly most important thing for most growers. The smell gets you bust. Manage the smell and you are 90% home and dry.

Invest in a good Rhino Pro filter and a suitable extractor fan like the RYK or Rhino range.

Good luck.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

Cool

I use a full bloom Flowering LED 220 Solairflair, and I can't tell the difference when I veg and then flower. It Veg's just as well as it does in the flowering cycle. I have grown some monster in just 29 days in the Veg stage. I know people say and think that they need a different light with more blues and white's, but I have found that the all red does very well.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

M_C (27-09-16), TreeLover (27-09-16)

Thanks

Awesome guys thanks. I already have my duct work ran 8" insulated ducting, and a 8in inline green fan. I started tk make my own carbon filter (cost was like 30 something) I spent 45 mintutes drilling a solid line across and said screw this! Ive got a 2' tall boy for my filter.

Good to know on the LEDs for veg. Red huh? Like you said people swear by blue. Either way I think im going to put the p300 in the veg room. And save up (wifes going to kill me) for two p600s for the flower room. I dont know much about LEDs but advanced platinum LEDs seem to have some of the best reviews, and I really like the made in US and a 5 year warranty. As fas as cost, damn these leds add up! Am I doing the right thing with advanced platinum, or are there better options?

Thanks again.

Im currently researching the humidity debate.... uhhhh I wish everything on the Internet was true bahahaha

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TreeLover For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TreeLover View Post
    I dont know much about LEDs but advanced platinum LEDs seem to have some of the best reviews, and I really like the made in US and a 5 year warranty. As fas as cost, damn these leds add up! Am I doing the right thing with advanced platinum, or are there better options?
    Personally, if you are prepared spending a half decent amount on LED's such as PlatinumLED Grow Lights, I think there is a lot better options for less cost which would be just effective and allow you to get more units creating more coverage and the abilty to move units to where you want them.

Even at the same cost or slightly more you can get a better set-up such as the DIY kits offered by Timber Grow Lights that have top notch CREE LED's. California Lightworks is another good supplier and also Apache Tech as are many many others.

No offence but there are a million and one LED suppliers out there worldwide and I think you need to do a lot more research if you have concluded that PlatinumLED Grow Lights is your selection.

BUT, as you say, yield is not your priority therefore PlatinumLED Grow Lights will serve you very well but also most much cheaper Chinese units will do exactly the same too and leave you with a lot of spare change.
    Last edited by I'm Sal; 27-09-16 at 08:45 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I'm Sal For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-09-16), M_C (27-09-16), TreeLover (27-09-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Sal View Post
    Personally, if you are prepared spending a half decent amount on LED's such as PlatinumLED Grow Lights, I think there is a lot better options for less cost which would be just effective and allow you to get more units creating more coverage and the abilty to move units to where you want them.

Even at the same cost or slightly more you can get a better set-up such as the DIY kits offered by Timber Grow Lights that have top notch CREE LED's. California Lightworks is another good supplier and also Apache Tech as are many many others.

No offence but there are a million and one LED suppliers out there worldwide and I think you need to do a lot more research if you have concluded that PlatinumLED Grow Lights is your selection.

BUT, as you say, yield is not your priority therefore PlatinumLED Grow Lights will serve you very well but also most much cheaper Chinese units will do exactly the same too and leave you with a lot of spare change.
    I did a couple weeks of research on LEDs besides the fact that advanced popped up on almost all the threads is what made me lean towards them. Like I said, I did like the 5 year warranty and the fact it was made in the US. But im not arguing just giving my reasons and thought they where a decent high mid LED selection. I have looked at mars hydro, black dog, California, etc... Im not opposed to mixing and matching companies. I will look up the timber grow.

No offence taking! Im just ocd so unless anybody tells me otherwise I will run the exact same company because thats just me. Easier to dial in, call a company if theres problems ect... but doesnt mean im all for advanced

Also, what I mean by yield isnt my biggest goal is really I dont want someone to tell me that I have to run hps for bigger yields. Even if true, I want to stick to LED. But I came across the wrong way, I still would like very much the biggest yield I can get in my space but just with LEDs

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TreeLover For This Useful Post:

Viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TreeLover View Post

Im currently researching the humidity debate....
    For me humidity is quiet straight forward, think about it like this. During the veg stage, lots of growth is happening. Growth requires moisture. Mostly the roots provide the moisture, but leaves do too and a higher humidity allows leaves to take moisture directly from the air. If the RH is too low during the veg stage your plants will be drinking heavily from the roots and that can result in nutrient problems in your plants.

Ok so why then is it bad to have high RH during flower stage. Veg means the plant is growing fast and has produced a huge root structure. Flowering is not about growth, beyond the first week or two of stretching is all about the plant producing resin, producing quality bud in other words. At this stage of the plants life cycle you want to ensure that the amount of relative moisture in the groom/tent is as low as you can manage. Remember you need moisture, or more accurately static moisture for fungi or rot to happen. So even if your RH is very low yous still will want to have fans moving air so that wet spots don't develop in those dense areas as the plants near the chop.

Some folks will take this even further and claim that dropping the RH really low, below 30% may stress the plant and increase the resin production.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (29-09-16), GEORGE (27-09-16), I'm Sal (27-09-16), M_C (27-09-16)

Thanks

Thanks, appreciate the respones! With out turning this into a humidity post, im still up in the air on the flowering stage.... ive seen good both high and low, air movement just seems to be key for high humidity levels. Like I said, im by no means a expert, and this is my first grow! But im just going off the research ive been reading. But again, not everything on the internet is true. I myself am going to try a higher humidity flower untill I can read more not too.

Cheers for the help though

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TreeLover For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast