Thread: 2nd pistil growth question

Thanks

Default 2nd pistil growth question

Ok. Just wondering.
    After initial pistils grow into buds and get orange and shrink..you think, ok near harvest. Only a few clear and 90% cloudy with no amber. Then you get new white hairs growing. So you wait and in another week it is the same thing. More white hairs growing. It is super silver haze at 10 weeks today since 12/12.
    Am I correct that it is still growing? I'm not looking for amber tics. Looking for all cloudy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bobbafett71 For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (27-09-16)

Thanks

can really only tell by the trichs, the hairs can throw most new growers and can do all sorts of things at the end!

What are you growing in soil/hydro? and have you started flushing yet?

Is the 10 weeks counting from the day you flipped to 12/12 cause if it is you can take 10 days off your 10 weeks as true flowering starts 10-14 days after the flip

I thought hazes were a long flower 10-12 weeks (but a really nice smoke!)

If your at 90% cloudy and still need to flush then i would say it will finish the way you want it too (pics would help)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mrjung For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Coco. AN nute schedual .
    I'm a firm believer in not flushing. I don't do that with anything I grow in my garden. I grew up on a farm and around growing plants my whole life. We never flushed. Frankly I always throw back to soil grower.
    ...how can you truly flush soil. Coco yes. Soil..harder. Anyway....I start reducing nutes. But not going from 1400 tds to 0 overnight. It is a shock to the plant. I decrease about 200tds a day for about 1 week.
    10 weeks from 12/12 like I said, not from visual flowering.

I'm really wondering if a second pistil growth from the flower can happen. And if so a sign of there is more time to grow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bobbafett71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Default 2nd pistil growth question

Hazes tend to keep stacking on pistils till the end. Chances are that if you are at 90% cloudy with the trichs and not going for ambers then I would start the flush. She is continuing to put out pistils and often with hazes u will harvest with lots of white pistils which will just brown up when drying. If the trichomes are correct then flush and chop. Don't trust the hairs as much of an indicator, trichomes really are key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (27-09-16)

Thanks

Thats what i said go by the tichs not the pistils

Thanks

I understand the trichs.
    I'm not looking at the pistils for knowing when to harvest.
    Just want to know if anyone has had this happen with their plants.
    Having a third set of new pistils growing. The initial, at week 9 and now at week 10. I'm fine with time. And if this is a sign of not fully ripe. Like in said all trichs are cloudy and some clear.

Thanks

Ok. Thanks for the info. I have been doing what your saying.
    I did just spend about 20 min looking at the trichs. So I took some cuttins from all over. But......I didn't look at them under the hpd. Under normal florescent lights. And I see a few amber. At least 1 per small cutting.with a total trichs about 25. It doesn't show under the hps. I'm assuming the color from the buld will blend in with the color. Give you a false color.
    Upon seeing that I will cut.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bobbafett71 For This Useful Post: