Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: WaterFarm 400W Grow - Final Touches

Thanks

delahaze is pretty fast mate,. 60days of 12/12 then the harvest windows opens..im sure you can control mould better than me, as you are warened about it first lol..
    i could have done more to prevent mould..like running my fans at night (mine were all off).. no big deal anyway..i lost under 7g cos i caught it early.
    you can anti mould spray them too if your concerned..

i think any plant/strain in the 'farm will need watching as the buds grow HUGE!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolDude View Post
    I think this may be a better stone for the waterfarm (Item. 360193083504) 12cm disk. As the waterfarms are L30.5,W30.5,H37.

Also Grotec are doing a special on pens, £35 for an ADWA PH and EC meter. Usually £35 each. I don't know if these are any good, but with a good calibration fluid should be adequate..
    don't worry too much about the airstone, i had a really small one to start. i'm sure the one i have now floats. nice tip on the ph/ec meters, that's very cheap. good luck Wobble
    forgot to add, the longer you run the system without anything in the better, a few peeps inc myself have issues withe the clay balls
    Last edited by thedoctor; 01-10-09 at 03:33 PM.
    off to roll one

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shark View Post
    delahaze is pretty fast mate,. 60days of 12/12 then the harvest windows opens..im sure you can control mould better than me, as you are warened about it first lol..
    i could have done more to prevent mould..like running my fans at night (mine were all off).. no big deal anyway..i lost under 7g cos i caught it early.
    you can anti mould spray them too if your concerned..

i think any plant/strain in the 'farm will need watching as the buds grow HUGE!
    Yeah for sure, have never seen growth like it before.. Reminds me of looking through the sensi seeds catalogue years ago & drooling over the pics of the plants they produce in $$$ Pro Growshops, now you can do that your self @ home!! almost feels like cheating!!..... almost ;]

Will do a bit more research on the strain front & see what comes up but got the Delahaze sitting ready to go.. Would be good to try a typically low yield variety one day & see how much can be gained compared to more traditional growing methods..

Quote Originally Posted by thedoctor View Post
    don't worry too much about the airstone, i had a really small one to start. i'm sure the one i have now floats. nice tip on the ph/ec meters, that's very cheap. good luck Wobble
    forgot to add, the longer you run the system without anything in the better, a few peeps inc myself have issues withe the clay balls
    Yeah thanks Doc, that's what I was thinking, is kind of like setting up an aquarium, got to get it all running stable then hopefully it will go smooth as possible.. Have been following your grow, looks like you gonna have a beast on your hands there fella!

Thanks

when u say fans shark, u mean keeping the air circulating right? how would this keep mould down ? sorry if this isnt the right area to ask...just thought as we're on the topic...

Thanks

silly question - sorry - ive just realised, circulating the air will reduce the humidity therefore reduce mould - doh i need a break off the pc...time to eat

Thanks

i have 2 fans.. 12" desktop fan circulating air bloweing accross the tips, another rvk/ruck fan blasting fresh air in..
    i had them off at night.. but next grow they'll be on 24/7 during flowering!

nooby_dr_green_thumb Guest

wouldnt it get too cold then mate?

Thanks

maybe i can just run the circ fan.. either way, i'll always have something moving the air around...AND i'll be running my new duhumidifier at night :0

took your adivce on the blue cheese by the way.. i searched around and found a few comments about rot with that strain.. instead.. i'll be doing some northern lights#5 x haze

Last edited by shark; 03-10-09 at 12:40 AM.

nooby_dr_green_thumb Guest

yeah sounds nice mate
    but now you know about the rot you can prevent it this time
    theres alot of things out there, im not sure if they work tho i never tried them, would be good if they do work, saves worrying then
    i think i will leave a small fan on at nite now too and ill check my temps to make sure it doesnt get too cold but im sure it shouldnt be too bad,
    was a very god intresting diary mate and made me go on to waterfarms lol, im trying a farm out and a bubbler bucket,
    i did put a seedling in the farm but the actual seed was crap the plant came out all rubbish so ive waited to put a cutting in there now
    i just dont know what to choose
    i have a cheese mother and the kali mother
    just dont know what would be best in the farm , still undecided
    i was also wondering about the dehumidifyer
    my friend says it dries the bud faster so i was wondering would this effect the taste like fast drying would?
    if it doesnt it would be somemthing added to my shoping list
    Last edited by nooby_dr_green_thumb; 03-10-09 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks

the faster bud dries the more chlorophyll is left with in the plant matter and that affects the taste and smell and burning properties
    the de-humidifyer will compromise the overall quality if it dries the buds too fast
    "If i cant smoke and swear im F**KED!"
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?u=5246&type=sigpic&dateline=1249748262
    THCTalk recommends Greens Horticulture for all your growing needs
    if iv been of some help to you please take a second and press the thanks button, cheers

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dj # For This Useful Post:

cannamancan (15-10-10), PhilZenMaster (19-11-11)

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast