Thread: LED Grow Lamp £400 what where and why?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,888 Times

Default LED Grow Lamp £400 what where and why?

I am returning to growing after several months out. The wife has asked me to get the noise down in my groom. This means less fans which means less heat.

I've got a budget of 400. Is it possible to get similar yields as my 600w hps in this budget?

Tent is a homebox 1x1x2

Two gt205 nft trays. (Another reason I want my temps low)

I'm looking around and it's a minefield. COB or single diodes etc. It's all proving difficult to push aside the bullshit.

Cheers chaps

Valver
    Last edited by Valve man; 30-09-16 at 12:46 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (30-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Good to see you back Vt..... I'm no good in this field but starting to research a bit now & then, so I'll keep an eye on this one La

4. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Valve man (30-09-16)

Thanks

It's great to be back mate. I've put a post up in the newbie forum with a bit about where I've been. You may notice it started with a name change lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Valve man For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (30-09-16)

Bulls Guest

Hello buddy and welcome back. I am gonna drop you a pm with a link and email address. Few people used them Spider cobs and are very happy. I am about to orser one myself too. I had Mars 2 900w unit that draws 450w from the wall and had good results over 1 gpw but it burned. Few people owned similar Mars panels and they died as well so I am looking for a change too

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Valve man (30-09-16)

Thanks

Brilliant mate ill pick up your message now.

Thanks buddys

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

If you can wait a couple of weeks, the new Grownorthern lights will be released. I'll dig out some info...
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Valve man (30-09-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Will the lights be available in the US.?

Yes they will, we have designed them to pass UL, CE and ROHS compliance and they will accept a wide range of voltages including 120v AC. Barring some major international incident the lights will be available to buy and use in the US. It was a mistake not to produce the HS1 in a US compatible version from launch and we won't make that mistake again on any future products we launch.

Are the new lights going to use the same quality of components as the HS1?

Yes, in fact the quality for a lot of parts will actually be improved from the HS1. The fact that we are going to be alot more cost effective £/W or $/W than the HS1 is due to new developments in the design of the Holographic optics, thermal solution and new supply agreements where we are working direct with the manufacturers rather than through distributors. One thing I want to make clear on the new system is that it will not have any digital control features like the HS1. It is built as a plug and play on/off solution, no dimming, no spectral control, no bluetooth control. Smart digital feature like this are going to be on the HS2 which will again be a lower powered modular solution (60-75W per module) which we will launch at some point in 2017 along with the app based bluetooth control bridge for the HS1 (and HS2). The new systems that will launch this year are purpose and performance built as a tool for horticulture, no bells and no whistles needed.

What is the power consumption of the new system?

The first unit that we have decided to launch from this new line will be 250w LED power (approx 270w total power consumption including the driver) Depending on the success we may also launch a lower powered version and a high powered version. For Autos one 270w unit should be perfect for in and around a 1 meter squared area in most cases.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

Valve man (30-09-16)