Thread: Feeding w/ Earth Juice and can't get acidity down... should I feed w/ 4.3pH?

Thanks

Default Feeding w/ Earth Juice and can't get acidity down... should I feed w/ 4.3pH?

Hey guys,

a little background:
    I'm using Fox Farms soil -straight - no amendments
    growing a couple NL autos with a couple Inferno OG photos
    600w MH/HPS setup (they are still young so I'm running the MH at 50% about 20-22 hrs per day)

Anyways after much research I went with the "big 5" from the Earth Juice line - grow, bloom, meta-k, microblast, and catalyst

I made a formula based on info from EJ using 1gal water and 4 of the 5 for the first 3 weeks of my grow.
    In tsp per gal it is: 1.5 Grow, 1.0 Bloom, .5 Catalyst, .5 Microblast.

Problem is this solution is coming to 4.3pH. I have fed very little to my plants so far, A. because theyre so young and B. because I'm a little nervous of that acidity. So far I havent noticed any issues since I fed (lightly) 2 days ago.

I did a little research and decided to go get an aquarium pump and bubble stone because supposedly bubbling it should stabilize it. Started bubbling my formula last night about 8pm (16hrs ago) and just checked it... still at 4.3.

Could this be because I let the formula sit in a gallon jug for a few days? I know there are microbes and beneficials in this stuff so I dont know if maybe they have already died off or something...

Anyways I know now that I probably should have added some dolomite lime to my soil before planting. I have 1 plant already in a 5gal smartpot so nothing much I can do with her. The others are still in smaller plastic pots waiting to be transplanted to 3.5 or 5gal smartpots.

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!
    Last edited by JackLondon; 30-09-16 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

I've used fox farm soil and when I used it, a few years ago now, it was stable at 6.5 so it can tolerate some pH swing.

I'm not a tea guy, but air seems to be a must and at some point I think you should have a little foam on top. If your pots are big enough you may not need to feed for awhile, as ff is hot.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

JackLondon (30-09-16)

Thanks

THanks for the feedback bud.

I went ahead and gave their first full feed today to the ones who needed it. Check the runoff and got as low as 5.1 on some and up to 6.1 on others. Hoping this isn't going to cause any problems. If I see any issues I guess I will have to just drop the 20 on some pH Up even though I feel like it's a waste of money when there are so many other natural ways to do it. But I guess it may be my only hope since I didn't amend the soil like I should have, not knowing I was gonna use a lineup that was so damn acidic. I'm just thinking aloud at this point.

Anyone else have experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

Well if you must pH up you can use si it's very alkaline, not really required in soil but still beneficial. Si silica

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

Soil is an amazing buffer.... imo continue to feed her as planned. I've used fox farm have never adjusted ph regardless of ph high or low. I've fed in the 5.0 and up to 7.8 without issues. This plant is truly amazing let her work her magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Shouldn't need to worry about the ph,it will sort itself out.
    Over feeding is the only thing thing that will make it hard for the
    Soil to sort out and that will happen over time so once they are
    Big enough make sure you get a good run off to clean them through

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

JackLondon (07-10-16)