Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Air cooled hoods may INCREASE yield

Thanks

Default Air cooled hoods may INCREASE yield

Maybe...
    A bloke on youtube did an ace experiment. He turns off the air in an air cooled lamp for upto 30 mins to gauge light readings, not recommended, but thank god this guy did it for us haha..
    First, he measured how much light an air cooled hood puts out at a standard lamp height(2 foot) - It was 8% less than a normal lamp. Yes, they lose you a little output
    But...
    Then he lowered the lamp ONLY 10 odd inches to about 18" above the meter and measured the light ...It was about 20% higher than a standard light!! (I can go 5/6" inches close to my plants, good for light intensity but not great for vertical canopy spread though)

Very interesting little experiment, Ive just hit a PB with a double cooltube....I wonder if that 20-25% increase in light intensity helped, food for thought.
    Vid ere
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLzsrmJfdlE

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cockrobin For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (09-10-16), Buster (08-10-16), ErroneousMonk (01-10-16), Ginger-bud (01-10-16), Hippy Crack (01-10-16), lostorstolen (01-10-16), Oxy (01-10-16), Valve man (03-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

I've always argued that cool tubes allow the light to get closer so negates any lumen loss.....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (09-10-16), Buster (08-10-16), Cockrobin (01-10-16), Hippy Crack (01-10-16), JinkysOars (09-10-16), lostorstolen (01-10-16), Oxy (01-10-16), Valve man (03-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I've always argued that cool tubes allow the light to get closer so negates any lumen loss.....
    I'm with you both on this, basic stuff really when you think about it.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-Lightyear

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

Cockrobin (01-10-16), lostorstolen (01-10-16), M_C (01-10-16)

Thanks

Then you Sir were justified all this time i reckon MC!...Although a small experiment it's pretty good - the only problem for me is I'm vertical and close to plants also means small canopy, although I just got a 10oz Chocolate Kush using air cooled (with 3/4 old lamps too??)

I used to like reading Lil Rastas threads on here...he did GPW of Wappa all day long in soil using air cooled......the lil wizard.
    Last edited by Cockrobin; 01-10-16 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,120 Times

The glass would have to result in ateast some lumen loss.... Minimal but it has to be there expecially since its already coming out the bulb so that would be 2 refractions..... I'm not sure which outweighs which but lower temps = closer bulb so that would make sense.
    Coco Scrog with a mix bag COMPLETE 32.8 OZ's------

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ja-Take-2-Coco

Murdocks special blend x2 COMPLETE 6.6oz's

[url]https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?132905-Skunky-s-Bag-Seed-Extravagonja[url]

SCROG and LST 3 plants COMPLETE 10.5 OZ'S

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-Extravagonja

Check out the single mainlined Nitro Lemon Haze mentored by the mad scientist Dexter. COMPLETE 5.5 OZ's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lp-From-Dexter

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

Cockrobin (01-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    The glass would have to result in ateast some lumen loss.... Minimal but it has to be there expecially since its already coming out the bulb so that would be 2 refractions..... I'm not sure which outweighs which but lower temps = closer bulb so that would make sense.
    I say Skunky - Do you ever change your lamps after a while?..I can't decide if i need to or not after researching see.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cockrobin For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (01-10-16)

Thanks

Do you change your lamps every so often MC?

Thanks

I change out bulbs every 2 or 3 grows depending on usage.... You will definitely tell the difference when you plug in a new bulb... If you are questioning it and you have the funds then go for it. Keep the old one incase something happens atleast you know it works.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

Cockrobin (11-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skunky n funky View Post
    I change out bulbs every 2 or 3 grows depending on usage.... You will definitely tell the difference when you plug in a new bulb... If you are questioning it and you have the funds then go for it. Keep the old one incase something happens atleast you know it works.
    Ok nice one cheers bud

Have you tried the £11-15 cheap'uns? or do you stick to better?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cockrobin For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (01-10-16)

Thanks

I'm US and I pay dollars so what ever it is I pay about 30$ per 1000w bulb.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Skunky n funky For This Useful Post:

Cockrobin (01-10-16)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast