Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My RDWC Venture

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,676 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Fwank View Post
    Thanks mate!

Had to lower the water level as it was drenching the rock wool.

If these germ I'm doing some more test running until 25th Oct then I'm starting a new grow.

Can't wait and hopefully will actually make a decent bloody diary!

Attempting to grow...
    I've no experience in doing this so my opinion doesn't count for much, but just be carefull putting the seedlings in the system so early on, you would be best off with CFL and propogator in my opinion just to get a few roots, easy does it with the babies.

I'm sure some of the more experienced hydro growers will have a better opinion though.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-Lightyear

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hippy Crack For This Useful Post:

redisiel (07-10-16)

Thanks

Nice one, pretty much the same as the system i run, except i used 2 inch pipe and fittings, and did overflow pipes too.

What size pump did you use ? I went with a 5800 lph pump for the spray bars and a 1000 lhp pump for the chiller. I also clad all my boxes with Celotex and silver bubble foil wrap, and put a hole in the bottom centre of each tub and put i think 22mm bulkhead fittings on each tub, and plumbed them all together into 1 pipe with a inline tap and a 1000lph pump on the end which makes emptying the system piss easy, you can actually fully empty the system this way, so theres no hard to get inches if water left.

Glad someone else documented this build, i copied Grandads build, and its working great for me, got a 2.4x1.2x.2.0 tent full with just 2 plants on a 5 week veg.

Goodluck mate, ive found its a very low maintenance system that gets the job done !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

redisiel (07-10-16)

Thanks

superb write up which should help a lot of people who are thinkin about tryin this way - to have some lovely buds.

Its a fair old investment, but it is worth every penny in my opinion.
    I went hydro a few years back, and am a convert. i wont do any more in coco or soil,

I also have the same small bubbler system for seedlinjs, but what i do is put them in root it cubes in a propojator for the first week or until there are lots of rioots pokin thru the bottom. The rockwool holds too much water ifor hydro, and i will keep mine in the loft, where it belonjs lol..
    Keep it simple with nutes, you will use less in hydro, and dont use any orjanic stuff in there, it will just create problems.
    I dont bother with bennies, i just use water straijht from the tap, which contains trace chlorine. maybe it works as a steriliser, who knows.

Anyway best of luck with these- when you see how fast they vej, you will be sold on it.
    heres what to expect, with a 4 week vej.
    They were about 5 ft monsters
    bbest of luck mucka

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (03-10-16), Jesse Pinkman (04-10-16), redisiel (07-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fwank View Post
    I haven't had to hand water from the top but they were started in a root riot cube.
    The splash from the spray bars are enough to splash the net pots.

The smallest plants root cube is still moist.

I'm quite confident it could keep a seed moist in there and I have some free seeds to try and see if they germ in situ.

I'm not wanting to start anything until I know what options I've got for starting plants.

Also beneficial bacteria, haven't even looked. Any you recommend or have seen others do so?
    Stick to what's working, the benifical bacteria is an option but if all is sweet stick with it.
    All the best, Gander

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gander For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (03-10-16), Jesse Pinkman (04-10-16), redisiel (07-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

I have a propagator lid for the bubble box. It's in my room at the moment. They are some free seeds I scored from. Herbies. Gave me like 30 free seeds.

So if it doesn't work I know to start them in my propagator.

This is all a test. Read for the proper thing.

I've got my others under a 135w cfl so I dint use loads of electric testing stuff out.

The spray bars are a bit weak so I'm upgrading my pump to a 5000L/ph setup.

In the mean time im waiting around so I can start my proper attempt.

I've never done cuttings so when I put the cutting inside the bubble box that will be a test.

Everything I'm posting here is a test so some things will work others won't. No harm in trying

Should of gone hydro at the beginning.

Attempting to grow...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (06-10-16), redisiel (07-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Huktonfoniks View Post
    Nice one, pretty much the same as the system i run, except i used 2 inch pipe and fittings, and did overflow pipes too.

What size pump did you use ? I went with a 5800 lph pump for the spray bars and a 1000 lhp pump for the chiller. I also clad all my boxes with Celotex and silver bubble foil wrap, and put a hole in the bottom centre of each tub and put i think 22mm bulkhead fittings on each tub, and plumbed them all together into 1 pipe with a inline tap and a 1000lph pump on the end which makes emptying the system piss easy, you can actually fully empty the system this way, so theres no hard to get inches if water left.

Glad someone else documented this build, i copied Grandads build, and its working great for me, got a 2.4x1.2x.2.0 tent full with just 2 plants on a 5 week veg.

Goodluck mate, ive found its a very low maintenance system that gets the job done !
    I actually bought a new 4000L/ph pump to use with spray bars. Possible i might be going bigger. After holidays Ill see if im happy with the bars. At the moment I dont feel like they create enough oxygen.

Should of either done the holes smaller or bigger pump.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

Hippy Crack (06-10-16), redisiel (07-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Interesting stuff Fwank.. This will generate a bit of interest, I'm sure.. Subbed up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

redisiel (07-10-16)

Thanks

i have the same pump in my 2 pot system, and altho it may not look like it, there is more than enoujh DO for the plants..
    If you want to upjrade it, then it wont do any harm, and more oxyjen the better in most cases, altho you can reach a point where there is too much, it is a lonj way away from a 5800l/hr pump.
    i have always meant to update mine, but it works, and im a lazy c*nt so its still there.
    I have the 5800l/hr pump in my 4 pot system, and its fine, so you can always add more buckets later on without shellinj on another pump.

You will also have deeper penetration into the pot nutrient, which will help later on when your roots virtually fill the box.

if you want to experiment with the spray bar holes, its easy enoujh to tape over the existin holes and drill other smaller ones, before re-doin the whole spray bar system.
    Last edited by badbillybob; 04-10-16 at 12:29 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to badbillybob For This Useful Post:

redisiel (07-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,371 Times

very nice dude...

Maybe a hozelock mini sprinkler or sprayer placed in the spray bar holes might increase spray..bought some for the same sort of thing..
    will check number as the have loads of types..
    The above is just opinion..My opinion is law in my world..

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy roken For This Useful Post:

redisiel (07-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy roken View Post
    very nice dude...

Maybe a hozelock mini sprinkler or sprayer placed in the spray bar holes might increase spray..bought some for the same sort of thing..
    will check number as the have loads of types..
    I was looking for some jet nozzles to place inside the holes but couldn't find the ones I needed.

Just checked the setup. Some serious gunk in the filter. Stopped all flow. Water doesn't smell.

Just cleaned it and pump was happily on its way again.

Still running the 2800l/ph pump so far. Haven't had time to install the new one.

And cheers BA

Attempting to grow...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

Happy roken (04-10-16), Hippy Crack (06-10-16), redisiel (07-10-16)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast