Thread: Small amount of Yellow/Gold Blotches on leaves

Thanks

Default Small amount of Yellow/Gold Blotches on leaves

Hi guys

Just noticed earlier when inspecting the plants there has been a yellowish, goldish tint color appear on a set of leaves, one other plant looks like it starting to do it but barely noticeable. Kinda sparkles in the light when you move it.

They have been in BioBiz All mix for 10 days now.
    Under a 300W CFL lamp
    6inch extractor
    humidity 50-55%
    temp is 21c-26 depending on time of day (19/20c in the four hours off)

Have not used any nutrients or fertilizers. Anyone got any ideas on what this might be?

See the lower leaf leaf

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

ErroneousMonk (04-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Looks like early nute burn due to the high amount of nutrients Bio-bizz add to their all mix....All mix is more suited for established plants not seedlings...The plant will adapt to the medium as it gets bigger and it demands more food...I would recommend you keep you light on 24/7 too.

Regards BL

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

ErroneousMonk (04-10-16), Html33 (02-10-16), Skunky n funky (02-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Looks like early nute burn due to the high amount of nutrients Bio-bizz add to their all mix....All mix is more suited for established plants not seedlings...The plant will adapt to the medium as it gets bigger and it demands more food...I would recommend you keep you light on 24/7 too.

Regards BL
    Thanks for your quick response.
    Anything i can do to help them out?

I think next time i'll go for the plain all mix so i can use liquid feeds.

Any reason the light should be on 24/7? I read people say they leave theirs off for 6 hours and don't know why

Regards

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Skunky n funky (02-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Html33 View Post
    Thanks for your quick response.
    Anything i can do to help them out?

I think next time i'll go for the plain all mix so i can use liquid feeds.

Any reason the light should be on 24/7? I read people say they leave theirs off for 6 hours and don't know why

Regards
    You could give the pot a good flush with plain water this will help remove some of the excess nutrients from the compost...But I would only do this if your pot size is small and is going to dry out relatively quickly as this is only a young plant and could easily become over watered...If you leave your light on 24/7 then the plant will remain awake, all its processes will be working, photosynthesis, transpiration etc this will help it grow a bit faster and enable it to settle/adapt to the medium quicker...

Regards BL

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Html33 (02-10-16), Skunky n funky (02-10-16)