Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1099

Thread: Official all things WATERFARM thread!

Thanks

Default New member. Great Thread!

Hello everyone! I just started growing in my first waterfarm about a week ago. I've got a Think Different Autoflower in it, and it seems to be getting a slow start. The pH of my water was stabilised at 5.5, but when I run it through the system overnight it went up to 6.5 , and I can't get it to go down. I don't want to put to much pH down in it. I think I might not of rinsed the rocks good enough after reading this thread. I didn't soak them. I just ran clean RO (7.0 pH ) water over the rocks a few times. Is it the rocks that are giving me trouble because I didn't soak them in pH 5.0 water? great forum by the way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ElectricWizard For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricWizard View Post
    Hello everyone! I just started growing in my first waterfarm about a week ago. I've got a Think Different Autoflower in it, and it seems to be getting a slow start. The pH of my water was stabilised at 5.5, but when I run it through the system overnight it went up to 6.5 , and I can't get it to go down. I don't want to put to much pH down in it. I think I might not of rinsed the rocks good enough after reading this thread. I didn't soak them. I just ran clean RO (7.0 pH ) water over the rocks a few times. Is it the rocks that are giving me trouble because I didn't soak them in pH 5.0 water? great forum by the way.
    Yes it will be the pebbles

It will continue like that Im afraid for a wee while yet as the waterfarm holds quite few pebbles.

If your plant is still young and hasnt yet got roots down ,then I would be tempted to remove her (if possible) and give them pebbles a good wash and soak @ ph 5.8

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (27-11-16), Cull (12-12-16), DrCannaP (28-11-16), GEORGE (13-05-20)

Thanks

Thank you guys for the useful information

6. The Following User Says Thank You to afrocuk For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-20)

Thanks

Once you have a plant growing in the waterfarm the ph swings are slower and the change less... Too much ph down is when you go past your goal.. I think almost everyone who uses hydroton go through this break in stage...

Somehow i lost track of this site... Starter this waterfarm modification thread 2 years ago, but now realize i should have put it in this thread.... https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...irculating-Mod..

Does anyone have the parts list for the Heath's Deciple modification of the pumping columns design in post 995, this thread.... I can't pm for for a long time yet... Considering this is only post #8 in two years i may never qualify to pm...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-20)

Thanks

It took mine 5 days to change the ph significantly upto 7.0 ph yesterday and I lowered it back down to 6.1, I didn't wash my rocks well enough and I must say im having this issue also. It has gotten better though since putting the advanced nutrients in, it doesn't jump up so much after 1 feed..also I've got mine only coming for 15 mins 3 times a day, is this incorrect and should I run it like you said every hour for 15 mins? This is my first indoor grow and I wanted to try the aeroponic side as well to see how it goes. This is one of my baby's that's going the best but it was a slow start for her to get where she is now lol
    It's hard for me to go through this thread and read every page as I'm a slow reader it will take me ages and the misses will start sookin if I spend even more time on here trying to read and learn new things! Hahah.. happy grows everyone hope it all works out and we produce fat juicy buds!!
    🍁

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kushin69 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-20)

Thanks

Default Controller running a single bucket?

So forgive me if this has already been covered, but this thread is 57 pages long and my eyes got tired after skimming 15 or so pages.... I see tons of awesome waterfarm mods on here and have done a few myself, but I'm wondering if it would be possible to rig up a controller unit from the 8 pack system to a single stand alone WF (the 4210). I'm leaving town for four day in about a month and I need something that will keep my water levels up. The plant i have in my farm now is drinking about 2/3 to 3/4 of a gallon a day and I'm sure by the time I leave it will be closer to a gallon. So I'm wondering about hooking up a controller to my single bucket. Has this been done? Is it possible? What mods would need to be made? I'm guessing the float valve in the controller section would have to be moved to match the volume of one waterfarm? Would a second hole need to be drilled in the 4210 to accommodate a return line? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NanoGadget For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-20)

Thanks

Bueller? Bueller? Anybody?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NanoGadget For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Isnt it controlled by gravity rather than volume?,the height of the float valve will determine the level?

So the answer to your question yes it would work fine dear

Just one line from controller to pot.Controller topped up from separate res.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-20), NanoGadget (21-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Isnt it controlled by gravity rather than volume?,the height of the float valve will determine the level?

So the answer to your question yes it would work fine dear

Just one line from controller to pot.Controller topped up from separate res.
    Ahhhh ok.. so you're saying that it's height of water level, not the volume of the water in the controller that dictates how it effects the level in the grow bucket... that makes sense! And this is why I got a C in physics class.. thanks!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to NanoGadget For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-20)

Thanks

It's fantastic!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to hidalgo105 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (13-05-20)

Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 LastLast