Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: First real attempt

Thanks

OK cool. I will skip the scrogging then.

Lucky I didn't spent an hour yesterday building a scrog screen...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SecondShot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-10-16), joker_the_smoker (07-10-16)

Bulls Guest

Hi mate. You already had some great advices here and your setup looks nice.
    You have asked me about how I am using the PK 13/14 but Now I see you will be using the Hammerhead as well so that will be a different game mate.
    Keep things simple on your first grow and slowly build your knowledge and you will achieve wonders
    As you are having different strains you might need to adjust the feed accordingly for each strain as they are not all the same. Good luck mate.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bulls For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (10-10-16), GEORGE (10-10-16), SecondShot (07-10-16)

Thanks

Day 5
    -------
    All except the Kush have sprouted nicely and have their first pair of real leaves.

I had a small problem with the Dance World seed not wanting to shed its helmet. Had to soak, then carefully remove it.

The shoots were showing though the bottom of the peat plugs so I transplanted them into rockwool cubes yesterday. Will give them their first feed of Canna Start (1ml/litre) and Rhizo (2ml/litre) at pH 5.8 once the peat plug dries out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0484.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	333606

I'm not sure what to do about the Kush. It hasn't changed since it first sprouted at day 2. The shoot is only a few millimeters long. Looks healthy though. Will give it a couple more days, then germinate a backup.

For those using 10 litre airports, when seated in the 'Whitefurze Large Round Bowl' (available from your favourite online megastore), 2 litres or 10% run-off will only reach the second unfilled air hole. This leaves enough of the void at the bottom of the pot to prevent the coco from re-absorbing it.

Name:	IMAG0485.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	333607
    Last edited by SecondShot; 10-10-16 at 06:39 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SecondShot For This Useful Post:

Dutchcourage (10-10-16), GEORGE (10-10-16), joker_the_smoker (14-10-16)

Thanks

Good luck with your grow mate.Nice looking set up.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to autobox For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-10-16), SecondShot (10-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,277 Times

God luck mate, re the kush I think if it aint dying, somethings happening, just might be underneath :-)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutchcourage For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-10-16), SecondShot (10-10-16)

Thanks

Veg Week 1
    -------------
    I wrote off the OG Kush seed. Binned it. Although it sprouted within 24 hours, it froze after that. The 2mm shoot didn't change for 5 days. I replaced it on Day 6 with a Bubba Kush seed. That has already sprouted and has a larger shoot than the OG ever did. I am feeding it the same as the full seedlings: Canna Start 1ml/litre and Rhizo 2ml/litre. The other seeds were feed plain water until they out-greww the peat plugs. Maybe nutes from germination will give it enough of a boost to catch up with the others? Either way, it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference.

The other three seedlings have roots showing through the bottom of the rockwool cubes already. They have only been in them for 2 days after being transferred from peat plugs on day 5. Not sure if it was worth transferring them to cubes at all? Might go straight from peat plugs to 10 litre air pots next time. There is the advantage of allowing a root ball to develop first - I will let the cubes dry a little before transferring them - but the fact that the roots have already reached the boundary means growth must be restricted. I am open to suggestions on that one....

Also, I bought a humidifier. Unaided the grow room was running at 40%. I went for the teardrop shaped one I have seen in other grow diary photos. But to be honest, the 1.3 litre tank ran out within a few hours on full blast. Also, I find the teardrop vent created too narrow a stream. The steam spread better without it. In hindsight I should have bought one with a larger tank.

Anyway, the plants look happy so far. I dropped the lights a few inches. Will see how they feel about that in a few days.

Name:	IMAG0486.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	333799

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SecondShot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-12-16), joker_the_smoker (14-10-16)

Thanks

Veg Week 1 + 1 day
    -----------------------
    Quick update. I transferred them all to 10 litre pots today. The two day old Bubba Kush seed already had a root showing through the bottom of the peat plug. It took the other seeds 5 days to get that stage feeding just water. Will definitely use Canna Start + Rhizo from day 0 in my next grow.

Name:	IMAG0488.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	333844

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SecondShot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-12-16), joker_the_smoker (14-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

nice one mate.looking good all potted in to the big boy pots now
    i use canna start and rhizo also its great when they young.
    hows temps and RH?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-12-16), SecondShot (14-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,685 Times

Subbed up mate ... like your forward thinking but as said keep it simple ...You got some good growers in here giving you advice ...got a good feeling about this one...

Peace out. ..

Sent from my mind to yours

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hedonistic Hippy For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-12-16), joker_the_smoker (14-10-16), SecondShot (14-10-16)

Thanks

Week 2
    --------
    Plants are looking healthy, if a little pale. The Coco isn't really dry enough to warrant another feed yet. But, because they are pale, I feed them again. Increased the mix to 2ml/litre Canna Start and 2ml/litre Rhizotech, pH 5.8. Updated my notes to go straight to 2ml/litre of Canna start from Day 1 on my next grow.

Name:	IMAG0500.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	334144

The leaves on all plants are showing minor burn from nute splash. I covered each plants with a pint glass before today's feed. It worked well.

Also installed another Secret Jardin Monkey fan. This one is aimed up at the bulb from below the parabolic reflector. The other is aimed across the canopy of the leaves, below the humidifier. Temps now 25C (from 29C). Humidity 60%.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SecondShot For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-12-16), Hedonistic Hippy (04-11-16)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast