Thread: Switch from CFL Blue Spec to HPS Multi Spec?

Thanks

Default Switch from CFL Blue Spec to HPS Multi Spec?

Hi Guys

Had my plants under a blue spec CFL 300W lamp for almost three weeks now. When would you lot consider moving them under the HPS? I have a 600W Dual Spec HPS lamp.

Regards

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Blue (09-10-16), Samwise Gamgee (09-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Providing you can control your temps Id swap it out now. They'l soon shoot up once under the Hps, the growth rate is far superior to cfl

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Html33 (09-10-16), Samwise Gamgee (09-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Providing you can control your temps Id swap it out now. They'l soon shoot up once under the Hps, the growth rate is far superior to cfl
    Got a 6" AVK Fan and Carbon filter. Not tried with the HPS yet, but always about 1/2c above ambient room temp, and that's normally between 19-24c.
    I'll swap it out soon

I presume I'll have to lift the light up, what distance do you recommend?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Blue (09-10-16)

Thanks

Once you've set it up lower the light towards your plants and do a simple hand test to decide on distance.

Put your hand between the top of the plants and the bulb. If it's too hot on the back of your hand it's too hot for the plants so adjust accordingly. The closer the better to avoid stretch and gain more light penetration

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Html33 (09-10-16), Samwise Gamgee (09-10-16)

Thanks

Thanks for all the help.
    I put them under the HPS earlier but the humidity was dropping, lowest was 37%.
    I have a humidifier on it's way, hopefully tomorrow. It's digitally controlled to a set RH % so will swap the lamp back over tomorrow and see how we get on.

Temps were also going to about 27/28c is that ok for three week old seedlings?

Regards

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Blue (09-10-16)

Thanks

27-28c should be fine, if you could drop it a couple of degrees that would be even better 25-26c would be ideal. It's when you reach 30c plus you'll start to see plant issues