Thread: seedlings looking like nitrogen def...

Thanks

Default seedlings looking like nitrogen def...

So I found these babies in my outside planter that I had grown 5 plants in over the summer, I replanted them inside 3 days ago and they're starting to look like nitrogen deficiency. The odd thing is that every single one is doing it and I have 3 different soils I'm trying, so I'm not really sure if its actually nitro defy. I'm using 4 26w CFL bulbs about 6in away, shelf is wrapped in Mylar and an small fan circulating air through. The 3 soils are different, one is out of the pot they all started in, one is miracle grow seed starter and the other is an organic potting soil... what do you guys think is going on here? And I don't plan on keeping all of them, just the strongest 5 or 6 that make it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20161009_121730.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	333570Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIN_20161009_121746.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	78.0 KB 
ID:	333571

Thanks

My guess is that the soil is a little bit too rich for them and not N def just burn.

Keeno Guest

how many plants do you have there?
    Last edited by Keeno; 09-10-16 at 06:15 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (09-10-16)

Thanks

There are 10 seedlings started but I won't be keeping all of them, I just want to keep the strongest ones that make it. I'm going to the store and getting a ph test kit with some ph up and down, also some sm90 since my last attempt got destroyed by spider mites

Thanks

As for the soil being too rich, 2 of the plants are in the same soil as the pot they started in naturally and still show the same problems as the others. When I dug them out they were all healthy and green, after about a day and a half they started this yellowing...

Keeno Guest

between your 2 thrads you are talking about 12 plants. should have read the forum rules.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (09-10-16), joker_the_smoker (09-10-16), M_C (10-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (10-10-16), mushroom (09-10-16), M_C (10-10-16)