Thread: Brrrrrr... frost on the way!

Thanks

Default Brrrrrr... frost on the way!

Greetings from a newpea

Now, with frosts due fairly soon, I was wondering if it would be OK to bring a few potted plants indoors overnight?

Not grown 'owt before but in May I chucked a few random seeds in pots and stuck 'em on the window sill. With info from this lovely site I potted them up as they grew, topped a couple and disposed of a few boys. Lo and Behold, a few months later, I have a motley assortment of plants with some hairy bits! Tried my hardest to kill 'em with some tomato food but they seemed to pull through OK and now I've become kinda attached to them!

Aaanyway, back to original question - I was thinking that, as the nights get colder, maybe I could bring them in for 12 hours at night (In the cellar?) and stick 'em out in the morning??? A valid plan?

Thanks for any thoughts?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

If you can be arsed to do it regularly then yeah that's a pretty good way to protect 'em from the dreaded frosties..

Some people even do this earlier in the year so their plants are ready quicker, but it's a bit of a hassle sometimes

Just make sure they're nice and dark when they're inside! Cellar you say? It's my belief that anyone with a subfloor to their house should be growing in it something to think about for ya

Thanks

Welcome new pea

Thanks

iv consiederd doing this too my two plants in the back garden, but its kinda long and there kinda big and heavy now too im getting very worried about the frost!..

i even tried kickstarting the 12/12 cycle like eggbox said, but to be honest i couldnt see myself bringing it in and out early in the morning lol ..

all i can do now is prey that they be just fine through these next couple of weeks so the buds can fatten up before i harvest.
    ,nrg172.

Thanks

Cheers for the replys chaps.

First possible frost on its way Saturday night so I will shift the laydeez into the cellar for their kip!

Thanks again <-happy pea!