Thread: Leaves curling upwards with brown tips??

Thanks

Default Leaves curling upwards with brown tips??

Good day mates! Not sure what is going on with this. Can it be heat stress? The highest the temps. go is 81 Degrees F. I have a 120W cfl 5 inches away from her but leaves keep curling upwards? Any help much appreciated !! Thanks mates She is about 19 days young! Never had this issue before.....

Thanks

Hey kush, I'm pretty new too so I stand to be corrected by someone with more of a clue but since the problem is affecting the bottom of the plant and the leaves are turning brown at the edges, I'm thinking Magnesium deficiency. The plant sacrifices it's lower leaves to preserve the new growth at the top. But this problem is what's know as a mobile deficiency, in that if it is left unchecked it will work it's way up the plant. Plants grown in coco in particular need a Mag supplement. I use CalMag+ at 1ml per litre at first then bump it up to 2ml/l once the plant has gotten accustomed to it.

Anyone who knows better please don't hesitate to correct me but that's my immediate instinct from my limited experience

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greenfiend For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (13-10-16), kush717 (15-10-16)