Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please help me with the germination process!!

Thanks

Unhappy Please help me with the germination process!!

Hi,

I have already completed my first grow, so I'm not entirely new to growing, and I have some experience, also I think I can read plants quite well, so I didn't really have big problems while growing.. But there is one part, in which I'm really weak and thus I would like to request some help, preferably from experienced growers. Just to clear it I have already germinated a couple of seeds before, and could handle them, but right now It just won't happen and I don't know what I do wrong. I fucked up 3-4 seeds in the last 2 weeks, and I'm getting really frustrated. I tried different methods and I can't really guess which one is the best, but here is what i have accomplished so far. So I germinated like 9 seeds so far, most of them were soaked in a cup of tap water for 12-24 hours in dark and room temp. and then planted them in soil. Most of the time they sprouted and emerged from the soil, but I remember it took a really long time always, or was I just impatient. For my last and also first successful grow I wanted to use the wet paper towel method, and did for 24 hrs, but then I planted the seed, due to the fear of damaging the taproot, and it did quite well, it took 6 days from seed to sprout and got a really strong healthy plant. But right know I just can't fucking figure it out... So first of all I use viable seeds, which I have purchased from a website aprr. 3-4 months ago, and the were store properly (in a cool, dark drawer), also I know for a fact that they are viable because the first seed popped and got a nice plant from it. I'm pretty sure there is something I fuck up every time now, because 1 of the 4 seeds has popped and the tap root started to grow, but it stopped and then rot (I think I damaged the root while handling it). As far as I know you need 3 things for cannabis germination.. 1. water (moisture, or could I say dampness), 2. warmth (24-40 C ??), and 3. darkness. Right now I'm trying the wet paper towel method again.. everyone seems to like it and get great results. So I put 2 seeds between two thick layers of paper towel, which was moistened entirely with pHed water to 6.5 and with a tiny amount of grow nutes, then I squeezed out appr. the half of the whole wetness, so its just damp not soaking wet, then put it in a ziplock bag, blew a littlebit of air inside, locked it completely and then put this between two plates and also taped them together, so its really dark. This thing is now put on a radiator that is pretty hot (~40 C). I think what I always do wrong is the temperature, because I saw ppl germ in 36 hrs.. and its really cold here nowadays, also when I had success with germinating, It was summer and also pretty hot. So please help me!! I'm really excited to apply all my previously gained knowledge to make better buds, but I just can't get there.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

Just use water mate, don't PH adjust it & don't add any nutes.... and don't put it on the radiator!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

3. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

MCsumz (13-10-16)

Keeno Guest

below is a link for my video germination guide. works every time for me. hop this helps

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...mination-guide

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

Loki (13-10-16)

Thanks

sounds like your error is the radiator part my friend just a room temperature with a radiator on in the room is enough if its cold. I don't know what radiator you have but mine would be to hot on low if the plate was touching it ie directly drawing heat from the oil or water inside, hope I could help you bro.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to james bond For This Useful Post:

MCsumz (13-10-16)

Thanks

wow no replies when I start I am slow at reading xD

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to james bond For This Useful Post:

M_C (13-10-16)

Thanks

What you need is a small tupperwear style container & a sheet of kitchen towel...

Fold your paper towel down to size so it will line the container...

Wet the paper towel. You don't want it dripping, I give it a quick squeeze so it's damp but not dripping...

Open the towel out a little & line the bottom of the container....

Pop the seed on the towel...

and cover with the rest of the paper towel...

Then pop the lid on....

...and leave it alone to germinate

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

autobox (13-10-16), ERBURT (13-10-16), james bond (13-10-16), MCsumz (13-10-16), Mister X (05-01-17), Oldsmokie (09-09-17), skunkybudmans (05-03-17), Smiffy (14-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,740 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    What you need is a small tupperwear style container & a sheet of kitchen towel...

Fold your paper towel down to size so it will line the container...

Wet the paper towel. You don't want it dripping, I give it a quick squeeze so it's damp but not dripping...

Open the towel out a little & line the bottom of the container....

Pop the seed on the towel...

and cover with the rest of the paper towel...

Then pop the lid on....

...and leave it alone to germinate
    I do hope that's not your Pepsi Challenge seed M_C

"Bees don't waste time explaining to flies why honey is better than shit."

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

Bubonik Chronic (13-10-16), james bond (13-10-16), M_C (13-10-16)

Keeno Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    naughty M_C!

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

Bubonik Chronic (13-10-16), Loki (13-10-16), M_C (13-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Fear not Loki, since I am hosting the comp, I will not be entering.... plus I have a 10L air pot for this young girl

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bubonik Chronic (13-10-16), ERBURT (13-10-16), Loki (13-10-16)

Viz Guest

Got to ask this question aimed at M_C but anyone jump in and resply, if you are growing Auto's as I have why then do we not simply pop the seed straight into the final pot. I just stick them in Jiffy 7 things but have been trying to work out why I do that. Auto's like to stay put and not be re-potted. So do we germinate in all the different methods just out of habit even when we can simply pop seed in soil with Auto plants?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Bubonik Chronic (13-10-16)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast