Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 24 Days into Veg - Trim / LST / Tips? -- Video

Thanks

Default 24 Days into Veg - Trim / LST / Tips? -- Video

Hi Guys

So I've just hopefully resolved a magnesium issue see link (here) following another forum members advice using some Epsom Salt, after waiting an hour for the leaves to dry i watered them.
    I tested the soil PH before watering them and it was between 7.8/8. I know you lot have suggested not to bother ph'ing as the soil will buffer it out but i felt compelled to ph the tap water before i watered them as the soil ph seemed so high. After watering it's now between 6.2/6.6ph so i feel better with that.

I'm going to repot them tomorrow into some 22l fabric pots, first i need to get some new soil. What do you lot suggest? I can only really get the BioBizz All mix / Light mix. I presume I'm best to go with light mix?

I also want to get some oldertimer grow&bloom following some advice from on here but that won't be for a couple weeks for now so will be using Bio-Bizz Grow

Should i be doing any thing special with the leaves? They all look like they are squashing one another up and pushing and twisting. Should i be trimming any? or doing anything special?

I'm hoping to move them under my 600W HPS lamp soon as soon as my humidifier turns up (if it ever does!!!), currently under a 300W Blue spec CFL.

http://sendvid.com/stmavnia << Video

You're talking to someone who doesn't have a clue
    Thanks for the help

Regards

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (14-10-16), GEORGE (17-10-16), redisiel (13-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Hope someone a bit more knowladgable than me but they look like one of my ladies when she is hungry or cold, what's the temp at her top?
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-10-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Once they get some food down there necks the twistyness will stop.

You should see signs of the epsoms working in a day or two if just recently added.

If your in the uk for the repot, b and q verve is a good soil,it will provide enough food for up to 4 weeks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-10-16), redisiel (22-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redsiel View Post
    Hope someone a bit more knowladgable than me but they look like one of my ladies when she is hungry or cold, what's the temp at her top?
    Redz

Probably from being hungry. I've only feed them once now and that was the previous water.
    Should i be using the Bio-Biz every watering?

I didn't use it for the first couple weeks as the soil was already heavily fertilized, and i got a bit of nutrient tip burn so was advised to flush it out, due to my inexperience i didn't realize this would flush all the magnesium out, hence deficiency (seems obvious now). So with that used 4ml of bio-grow, that was two days ago.

Tonight i used the epsom salts and plain ph'd water...

Temps are always between 19-26c with the CFL and normally between 50-65% humidity

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Once they get some food down there necks the twistyness will stop.

You should see signs of the epsoms working in a day or two if just recently added.

If your in the uk for the repot, b and q verve is a good soil,it will provide enough food for up to 4 weeks
    Cheers mate, that's good to know.
    Should i be repotting into already fertilized soil? or am i best going for a plain feed and using the bio grow / bloom (until i get some older timers....)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Html33 View Post
    Probably from being hungry. I've only feed them once now and that was the previous water.
    Should i be using the Bio-Biz every watering?

I didn't use it for the first couple weeks as the soil was already heavily fertilized, and i got a bit of nutrient tip burn so was advised to flush it out, due to my inexperience i didn't realize this would flush all the magnesium out, hence deficiency (seems obvious now). So with that used 4ml of bio-grow, that was two days ago.

Tonight i used the epsom salts and plain ph'd water...

Temps are always between 19-26c with the CFL and normally between 50-65% humidity

Cheers mate, that's good to know.
    Should i be repotting into already fertilized soil? or am i best going for a plain feed and using the bio grow / bloom (until i get some older timers....)
    Thats entirely your choice fella.
    Id probably go with a fertilised soil save on the nutes up for a couple of weeks or so.
    Give them a good soaking once repotted ,make sure the waters room temp,dont wanna be shocking them too much.
    Theyll perk up lovely once they can spread them roots.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi Html,

I not the most experienced grower, but I would repot to light mix and you don't have to feed for next 10-14 days as mentioned above. Than feed 1/2, 3/4 and full dose of nutes, depending on how they are taking it.

Personally I am a big fan of defoliation ( controversial topic), so I would strip them of most, if not all mature fan leafs. They will re-leaf within few days and all of the leafs should be nice and healthy.

If you decide to strip them, don't do it immediately after repoting, give them a few days to recover.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zemlic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Get a light mix soil an use the bio shizz every water till you pot up.
    Give them 3ml grow for a cuple waters.they should green up really soon
    As they will be taking in nitrogen a lot easier after the spray.so always remember
    Not to feed to heavy for a cuple waters after spraying.
    you can switch from those nutes
    To the old timers also so don't worry about that.
    Don't ph your water as yourll create problems for yourself they will be fine.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-10-16), Html33 (16-10-16), redisiel (22-10-16)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Thats entirely your choice fella.
    Id probably go with a fertilised soil save on the nutes up for a couple of weeks or so.
    Give them a good soaking once repotted ,make sure the waters room temp,dont wanna be shocking them too much.
    Theyll perk up lovely once they can spread them roots.
    Awesome, i'm going to repot them soon. I have gone with light-mix, the two below comments and the guy at the store (we were both talking about weed plants ) managed to convince me to go with light mix

Quote Originally Posted by zemlic View Post
    Hi Html,

I not the most experienced grower, but I would repot to light mix and you don't have to feed for next 10-14 days as mentioned above. Than feed 1/2, 3/4 and full dose of nutes, depending on how they are taking it.

Personally I am a big fan of defoliation ( controversial topic), so I would strip them of most, if not all mature fan leafs. They will re-leaf within few days and all of the leafs should be nice and healthy.

If you decide to strip them, don't do it immediately after repoting, give them a few days to recover.
    Cheers for that mate, i've not read into defoliation and never done it before, it's something i i'll consider but perhaps in the next few grows along so i know what i'm looking for

Quote Originally Posted by ERBURT View Post
    Get a light mix soil an use the bio shizz every water till you pot up.
    Give them 3ml grow for a cuple waters.they should green up really soon
    As they will be taking in nitrogen a lot easier after the spray.so always remember
    Not to feed to heavy for a cuple waters after spraying.
    you can switch from those nutes
    To the old timers also so don't worry about that.
    Don't ph your water as yourll create problems for yourself they will be fine.

Cheers mate. As mentioned at the top of this post i will be repotting them later tonight. So as you have advised i'll probably used 2/3ml grow and saturate the soil and then let it drain off (fabric pots) and then move them

I hate questioning other forums advice, but i keep reading around the net that i should be ph'ing the water/feed when i use it. The man at the hydroponics store said i should be, and someone on one of my earlier threads said i should be. Is this just mixed opinion? is there any reasoning behind why i should or shouldn't ph before watering/feeding?

Cheers guys

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (17-10-16), GEORGE (17-10-16), redisiel (22-10-16)

Thanks

copied and pasted

Usually You Don't Need to Worry About pH When Growing Cannabis With Organic Soil

As long as you're starting with a good water source, usually you don't have to think too much about pH during your grow.

When growing cannabis in organic soil, you usually don't need to adjust pH, but if you do you want to use natural sources of PH Up and PH Down

However, when growing cannabis in organic soil, some of the most important things happen before you even germinate your plants. The more effort you put into starting with great organic super soil, the less you'll have to worry about during the actual grow itself. If you've set things up properly, pH won't be a problem for you!

When growing marijuana organically in a super soil environment, there are tiny organisms in the soil that break down nutrients and "feed" them directly to your roots. When you enlist the microorganisms to do the work of making nutrients available to the roots, pH management stops being something you have to do!

When growing organically, you also depend on your soil and the various components to automatically buffer the pH. Starting with the right soil will make things a lot easier for you!

Learn how to make organic super soil (custom-formulated soil for cannabis plants - for those who want to do organic growing the "real" way and just water their plants, without having to worry about pH or giving nutrients)

Unless you are noticing actual symptoms of nutrient lockout (nutrient deficiencies) than pH adjustment is probably not necessary.

Don't let your nutrients run out!

If you're starting with regular (non-composted) organic soil, than your plants will quickly use up all the nutrients in the soil and you will either have to transplant to new, fresh soil every 3-4 weeks or supplement with a proven organic nutrient line like the GO box. It's especially important to make sure your plant doesn't run out of nutrients in the flowering stage or it will dramatically lower your yields! Once of the cool things about composted soil is the nutrients break down slowly over the course of your grow, giving your plants the right amount of nutrients at the right time.

But if you are using liquid nutrients, it becomes important again to make sure you're testing the pH of the water going in and out. Even organic liquid nutrients are only readily available to your plants if the pH is in the right range. But since you don't want to disturb the microorganisms in the soil, try to only actually adjust the pH if you notice pH nutrient problems in your plants.

In general with organic growing, it's recommended you do not adjust or try to manage pH until you know something is wrong. In organic growing "if it ain't broke don't fix it."

So as you are using light mix the latter part of that write up would benefit you.
    Dont actually ph the water just check the ph when feeding,that way if you do encounter any problems you will know what you are working with and it will be easier to remedy.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

desolator (17-10-16), ERBURT (17-10-16), GEORGE (17-10-16), Html33 (16-10-16), joker_the_smoker (18-10-16), redisiel (22-10-16)

Thanks

Awesome answer Bethmeg, loads of help and info.
    Heres of a picture of them now.

I repotted two days ago, feed the soil 5l of 3ml grow.
    They look happy at the mo! (I think)

Should be getting some Plant Magic Magne-Cal + in the next few days

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Html33 For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (17-10-16), GEORGE (17-10-16), joker_the_smoker (18-10-16), redisiel (22-10-16)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast